Logically, they should be spelled:

• Wyrd
  • Byte
  • Nybble
  • Byt
2 Likes

Yes, exactly. (-:

1 Like

As an added irony, his tax cuts will end up benefiting a lot of affluent liberals and progressives. Meanwhile, the only things that his Real American™ base that hates them will get are fewer social services in addition to the increased deficit. As always, it befits a lifelong grifter turned politician to have so many rubes supporting him.

5 Likes

I was talking about the tri-county Metro Detroit area; Oakland, Wayne, and Macomb. Generally the angry white people stretch follows I-96 from there and not so much down 275 itself unless things changes radically in the past ten years.

It’s not, it’s at a recent low (since 2000). Also, according to Trump’s 2016 campaign these numbers don’t matter.

No, that’s a statistic Trump provided. Black unemployment is at a historic low, both started on the same trjectory as US unemployment.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-hold-fact-check-black-unemployment-rate-1517364943-htmlstory.html

That’s not true either, and I don’t even know where you are getting this claim from.

Another completely average thing since 2010.

Household incomes between $86K and $300K will see a tax hike under the new plan (because the changes to deductions), and the ultra wealthy will see the largest tax cut they have received since the 20s. Incomes lower than that will break even. On top of that the increase the deficit is so staggering the benefits expire in 2025 to avoid being illegal.

On top of that, people have been liquidating stocks since the tax cut because de-investing makes sense when they avoid paying taxes on the income. Banks have even been buying back stock to give the tax cut wealth directly to the wealthiest in the nation.

They announced bonuses, not wage increases. The most famous bonus announcements were also tied to seniority and they only announced the maximum amount despite giving people a hundred bucks or so since their average retention rate is around 3 years in retail spaces.

That statistic lives and dies at the promises kept website.

That’s a statistic with a lot of assumptions based on the previous 500 companies gave out bonuses point.

11 Likes

I know exactly where you’re talking about. Things have changed a bit, though, you can add Canton, Northville, Plymouth, Farmington and Farmington Hills to your list if they weren’t already there.

3 Likes

Kind of my point.

7 Likes

It definitely is. It also is poverty shaming as laid out in that article.

Sometimes a person working 3 jobs just to afford rent doesn’t have the time or energy to do the dishes. Sometimes when you come home after a 12 hour day both working and taking care of an elderly parent, it’s too much work to pick up the socks in the middle of the floor, and all you want to do is kick off your shoes and relax.

And this person’s psychiatric bona fides are? Not very good if they’re willing to diagnose in abstentia.

There is one commonality running through Trump voters. They are racist, nationalists who don’t give a fuck about anyone other than them and theirs (and only if “theirs” are fully onside with their toxicity).

STOP CONFLATING MENTAL ILLNESS WITH SUPPORT FOR AUTHORITARIANISM, RACISM, XENOPHOBIA AND OTHER SUCH GARBAGE.

Yes I am shouting, because apparently some people in the back didn’t hear all the other times it’s been said.

11 Likes

This is the United States of America, not a monarchy. We don’t have to respect the president, as your ilk did so much during the Obama administration. Trump’s not our king, he’s an unhinged idiot, as are his followers.

10 Likes

No. I think you’re wrong about that. In fact, I think your entire response to my post is wrong. But hey, you have your opinion, and you’re welcome to it.

And considering they tax those at the max rate… so yeah that $500 bonus… not so much after taxes and it buys a nice night out or a new fancy TV but not too much else.

6 Likes

You put forth the initial extraordinary claim that Trump supporters have

so it’s up to you to defend it.

6 Likes

I guess I understand—in the abstract—the injunction to respect the office of the president. But respecting this particular person? Trump is a disaster as a president and a catastrophe as a human being. Pass.

6 Likes

Do you have any studies to cite to back that up? Without that or the willingness to give your professional bona-fides i think you can expect some push-back for what you think.

4 Likes

Mod note: unpopular opinions (or opinions you disagree with) are NOT valid grounds to flag posts. When you do, mods will disagree with you, and this will drastically lower your “flag karma” in the eyes of the system. Don’t do it.

Further, let’s not get into “your credentials are larger than mine” pedantry. I removed several posts in that vein. If you happen to have credentials, indicate it, but this isn’t quora and we don’t have a rule that only the credentialed may provide opinions here.

5 Likes

[WhatDidIMissOwl.gif]

:slight_smile:

Back on Topic:

3 Likes

Problem here is you would seem to have her opinion, also, and you aren’t.

Maybe time for a snickers?

And Russian propaganda too, and also characteristic of those who stared into the abyss for too long…

1 Like