Trump-supporting pastor Kent Christmas praises suicide bombers and demands Christians lay down their lives for the gospel

I’d like to see an explosive device somewhere, Pastor.

9 Likes

Pretty sure I met this guy’s Dad a few years back.

Actually, I distinctly remember sitting on his knee.

Because his dad is “Father” Christmas.

Sorry if that was obvs

I promise I won’t blur anything else now.

2 Likes

Go Away GIF

4 Likes

Just checking, isn’t suicide still a mortal sin?

9 Likes

WWJD?

Who Would Jesus Destroy?

3 Likes

Well, no… he’s saying do it for Jesus and those Muslims are doing it for a “false god”… Didn’t you read your Jack Chick tracts as a kid!!! /s

Depends on the sect, but in Catholicism, yes. I don’t think it’s necessarily one in all protestant sects…

12 Likes

Don’t forget the most important part: “Jeebus”.

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone except Catholics and Eastern Orthodox churches have “mortal” sins, versus “venial” sins.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought, but wasn’t entirely sure (given how diverse protestantism is). As a kid, when we went to church, it was a methodist church, and then my sister started going to a baptist church, so I’d go with her sometimes. Now and again, I’d go with members of my dad’s family to mass, but they moved down here when I was a bit older.

I still prefer mass to other kinds of (white) protestant services…

2 Likes

Gotta agree. There’s something a bit majestic about the Catholic Mass. In Havana, I attended Mass for a couple weeks, out of respect for a Church I was doing some preservation work for. They were really old school. They had incense swinging from a censer, leading the priest up the aisle, who was followed by various official-type people. Although, having the hymns accompanied by a blaring electric guitar was a bit jarring. The priest told me that it helped attract a younger crowd.

But I can’t really support any religion that has no respect for my knees. All that up-and-down, kneeling, standing, kneeling, sitting, standing. The Holy Trinity clearly hates my knees.

ETA; Also, the Virgin Mary is represented as a Black person, so that’s cool too.

9 Likes

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Catholic calisthenics, Pop-pop called them (rip, Pop-pop)!

catholic meryl streep GIF

He also used to say a thing when he’d cross himself, and it included something like “something, something, keys, wallet”?

All my aunts and my uncle all got his super-dry wit… They’re a riot at funerals.

priest GIF

5 Likes
9 Likes

That’s it!

6 Likes

My sister and I aren’t believers, but our extended family is all Catholic. When a very dear aunt and uncle came out to visit, my sister suggested they take a side-trip on Sunday and attend Mass at the big cathedral in Sydney, St Mary’s. They had a lovely time, and my sister went to pick them up afterward. She saw them at the top of the outside stairs, and waved and walked up. Two steps into the stairs, Sydney had one of its summer storms, and a huge flash of lightning appeared, shortly followed by a large Kaboom. My sister stopped in her tracks, looked up at my aunt and uncle, and shouted “Sorry, I got too close!” :joy:

[edit: clarity]

1 Like

I’m wondering if that’s working as expected. The remix efforts seem to be expanding, however, some of my older relatives change churches over it. There’s a difference between changing arrangements vs the hymns, though. I guess they’re feeling disconnected hearing something completely unfamiliar - like the Mother Superior in Sister Act.

:thinking: What kind of hymns might scatter Christmas’ flock? :smiling_imp:

2 Likes
3 Likes

I must admit I had more boring sex.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.