Trump tells reporters he's considering 'ultimate option' for Iran (what?)

Also worth noting…

Iran is larger in area than Germany, France, and Italy combined

4 Likes

Good! Nuke everyone!

(Sorry, trying to get the Android Debug Bridge USB driver working with Windows 10, and I’m in that kind of mood.)

2 Likes

25th Amendment.

6 Likes

Not a solar panel or wind turbine in sight.
Why would he want to destroy that place?

5 Likes

Well, for sure it’s not bankruptcy.

1 Like

Did you try turning it off and back on again? That’s basically the “ultimate option” for your hardware, dontchaknow?

1 Like

Does anyone wonder why Iran tried to get nuclear weapons? Perhaps we should provide them with the tech to stop the warmongering. Who do you trust more with nuclear weapons:

1. A country with a lunatic as a president, that has used nuclear weapons before and is in perpetual war since its founding?
  2. A country that in last hundred years fought only defensive wars after being attacked by foreign forces?
4 Likes

It’s absolutely true that Orange is one of the worst shit stains to ever inhabit a humain-oid body. And, of course, he’s utterly, completely and totally nuts. But, you know what else is true? When you invent, build and stockpile nuclear weapons, the only real end to it all is insanity and destruction.

Well, that is the only way to be fair. If you’re gonna nuke at all, you should bring enough to share with the whole planet, then nobody can complain about it afterwards.

4 Likes

Now even Trump is allegedly recalling a story where Mattis trolled him (and he didn’t get it)

There seems to be an unwritten “No blood for Orange Dumbass” policy with the military

6 Likes

Except that Iran has been largely bluffing on that front since Bush the Lesser was in office.

1. No country which seriously pursues nuclear weapons announces its uranium enrichment capacity to the world. They put the operations deep underground and in secret since it is the expensive time consuming limiting factor for creating nukes.
  2. Iran’s capacity was already crippled by assassinations of nuclear scientists and the first computer virus weaponized by a state actor, Stuxnet
  3. The threat of developing nukes is far less costly and as useful for negotiations than actually making them
  4. Iran lacks the natural uranium deposits N-K had and is dependent on outside sources
  5. There is no target Iran can attack this way which won’t bring down a more powerful retaliation. Israel has a much larger and more advanced nuclear arsenal than the rest of the region.

Obama called Iran’s bluff when the “nuclear deal” was hammered out. Trump’s sole purpose in breaking the deal was to piss on his predecessor’s legacy

8 Likes

Annexation? Capitulation?

There must be some pregnant people in Iran.

Who will be guilty of murder by the very act of dying. Sigh.

10 Likes

But Iran probably contains around 1.5 million preborns this very minute! Don’t they care about committing a million abortions with a nuclear weapon? (Will they try to spin this as “why don’t the liberals like this, it’s like committing a ton of abortions!”?)

ETA: @someguy beat me to my observation while I was busy estimating the numbers! Shows me.

8 Likes

If its suicide, I am all for him doing it.

1 Like

That’s why they signed the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action. A working deal stabilizing the region and Iran itself by giving the progressive powers leverage over the fundamentalists. It could have been so nice if the USA didn’t decide to ruin it again.

5 Likes

Staunch conservatives do care about the welfare of children after birth. I have tested this on occasion in debates, and it turns out conservatives are kind of fine with food stamps and other sorts of welfare–for “rural Americans”. It’s the “inner city” types they have an issue with–even though today they make up the minority of the % of recipients and also on average receive less benefits than their rural counterparts.

I am sure you can pick up on the subtext.

9 Likes
2 Likes

At this point Fundamentalists in Iran and Trump benefit from threatening war and even a token attack on Iran, but not an actual full blown shooting war.

The ruling class in Iran wants a siege mentality to maintain its ever eroding grip on the country in light of coming major demographic shifts (most of the population of Iran was born after the revolution and is unhappy with it)

Trump wants a “wag the dog” moment to distract America from his blithering incompetence and corruption.

6 Likes

The people of Iran are way too brown for any of Trump’s pro-life supporters to suffer even the briefest moment of cognitive dissonance.

5 Likes