Trump the Chump (Part 1)

Remember that time years ago when Hale Irwin was facing off against Nick Faldo at Augusta, and missed a simple putt on a Par 3, then pulled out his glock and shot his caddy in the back seven times?

Yeah neither do I

12 Likes

Winning! No. Wait. Look over there. Something outrageous, don’t look here.

https://www.ft.com/content/081e6d25-8d67-4caa-918a-2765a66f0052

Doesn’t onebox, gimme a minute.

During the 2016 campaign, Mr Trump pledged to get much tougher on trade with China, which he accused of “raping” the US. After launching a trade war with Beijing, he secured a limited trade deal in January. But that agreement looks wobbly and the trade deficit remains stubbornly high.

The US trade deficit in goods with China in 2016 was $347bn. For 2019, it was only marginally lower at $345bn.

Ryan Hass, a China expert at the Brookings Institution and an informal adviser to Joe Biden’s campaign, said that, during the 2016 campaign, Mr Trump pledged to negotiate better trade deals for US workers and asked voters to use the size of the deficit as a “scorecard”.

“The reason he doesn’t want to talk about trade [now] is he doesn’t want the media to do the forensics,” Mr Hass added. “Americans got their shit kicked out of them in the exact area where President Trump said he would solve their problems.”

8 Likes

I suspect that with the economy in the collapsed state it is, this -$2B (<0.6%) difference may represent an actual increase in real trade dollars. But what do I know?

6 Likes

2019 though. If the metric was supposed to be trade deficit with China, he failed. They give the trump spokesman spin in the article, but they’re not buying it.

3 Likes
14 Likes

That particular awful thing they did feels awfully personal to me (and I bet it does to a lot of Canadians).

1 Like

Is Trump trying to look like Elvis Presley?

elvis

3 Likes

He already claims that he looked like elvis in his youth

7 Likes

that’s a very specific delusion

8 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes
7 Likes

Actual title:

The Trump Files: Donald Accuses a Whiskey Company of Election Fraud

btw: I hate sites with chaotic article titles, where the HTML title is different from the headline in the text, which is different from the og:title, etc, with a multiplier for sites that change the article headline hourly.

4 Likes
11 Likes

Republicans going down together? Incroyable!

5 Likes

It’s not a Trump Boat Parade without a sinking

10 Likes

“Rugged individuali-gurglegurgle-bubble-bubble…”

8 Likes

Protecting us from non super villains is a full time job.

9 Likes

Next up - lightening bolt!

10 Likes
7 Likes