Trump the Chump (Part 2)

8 Likes

Trump fumes over tech problems at his Las Vegas rally, threatens not to pay the crew

Whining about the teleprompters. I thought he said he didn’t need them :thinking:

10 Likes
8 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2024-06-07/trump-media-stock-had-angry-investors-complaining-to-sec

Investors Are Angry About Trump Media Stock and They Let the SEC Know It
Investors are irate and suspect short sellers are manipulating the stock.

9 Likes

Citizens United said nothing about contributions. It was three months after that Supreme Court case that a lower federal court, the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, held that if independent expenditures created no risk of quid pro quo corruption, then — as a matter of law — contributions to a committee that makes independent expenditures could also create no risk of quid pro quo corruption. That decision created the SuperPAC.

■■■■■ has now demonstrated exactly why that decision is obviously wrong. Because the only way oil executives could give ■■■■■’s campaign $1B is if they contributed to a ■■■■■ SuperPAC. ■■■■■’s promise — that if they did, he would reverse Biden’s oil regulations — is a classic quid pro quo. But the “quo” — the $1B contribution — is a gift to a SuperPAC. Thus, the very thing that the D.C. Circuit said could not happen as a matter of law actually did happen as a matter of fact.

10 Likes

But PACs aren’t allowed to coordinate with the candidate or the campaign. Seems like this would violate that aspect even under Citizens United.

10 Likes

14 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

wink wink, nod nod

8 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

from

16 Likes

That would be awesome. If wishes were fishes…sigh

fish splashing GIF

7 Likes
10 Likes

Wasn’t he against this before he was for it?

I don’t pretend to know anything about bitcoin but how does using more energy make us energy independent?

12 Likes

I’m probably going to regret asking this, but WTF is a CBDC?

2 Likes

It’s the latest thing Marge and trump are terrified of or want us to be terrified of but I can’t figure out why.

A CBDC is a digital form of central bank money that is widely available to the general public.

5 Likes

It’ll make too hard for them to get payment from Russia?

4 Likes

When the price of Bitcoin collapses we will have all those spare nuclear power plants just kicking around. It’s foolproof. /s

6 Likes

Well, that makes sense. Trump has crime and lying down pat, and
VP picks are traditionally supposed to balance the main candidate in areas they are weak or poll poorly on.

7 Likes