Trump the Chump (Part 1)

That’s like the third one I’ve seen, but I have to say, that one takes the cake. The person who made that went all out. That bottom red line is genius.

4 Likes

I love it. I wish I could take credit for it but the best I can tell full credit goes to the wonderful Samantha Bee:

7 Likes

Gah, my cervix winces, sympathetically.

2 Likes

That’s where I got it from.

:slight_smile:

Also, how awesome is THIS?

15 Likes

Pretty damn awesome!

4 Likes

Stuff like that is how I maintain my optimism.

8 Likes
16 Likes
8 Likes

Michael Moore’s 5 reasons he thinks Trump will win. Pretty well reasoned and scary.

4 Likes

Scarily persuasive…

3 Likes

Let’s not overlook this critical part, buried between the end of his preamble and the list itself:

there is no doubt in my mind that if people could vote from their couch at home on their X-box or PlayStation, Hillary would win in a landslide.

But that is not how it works in America. People have to leave the house and get in line to vote. And if they live in poor, Black or Hispanic neighborhoods, they not only have a longer line to wait in, everything is being done to literally stop them from casting a ballot.

Be the force that pushes back. Find a get-out-the-vote door-to-door campaign. Canvas these neighborhoods and ensure that these residents know that their vote matters. Get them registered. Ensure they know all of their voting options, including early voting. Arrange or offer transportation for those who prefer to vote in-person, missed the early-voting deadline, or otherwise are unable to vote by mail. Serve as a precinct observer on election day (if your schedule availability allows you to do so) to prevent voter intimidation.

And skeptics and pessimists: yes, it makes a difference.

Really.

Make it happen.

7 Likes

“Smoking doesn’t kill” and other wisdom from Mike Pence.

7 Likes

Holy shit, he said smoking doesn’t kill in the year 2000?!?

4 Likes

Would he like to come say that over my father’s grave, ya think? That might be a great clip to circulate on the you tubes… doubly so, since my dad is buried in a veterans cemetery.

10 Likes

And if you believe Hillary Clinton is going to beat Trump with facts and smarts and logic, then you obviously missed the past year of 56 primaries and caucuses where 16 Republican candidates tried that

… I’m curious whether I was watching an alternate universe’s nomination process, or whether Mr. Moore was.

Because at no time in the process that I was watching did I see “facts and smarts and logic.”

1 Like

If you want to talk about facts then I suppose you are right here. But does that really contradict Moore’s point? I think replace “facts and smarts and logic” with “trying to convince people Donald Trump is bad” and he’s on the money.

1 Like

I suppose you’re right.

Though hopefully, actual logic makes an appearance in the actual election and sinks Trump properly.

1 Like

I wouldn’t even try it.

I’m all for using the truth, but I’d focus on the truth that Trump is a predictable (oh, he said something outrageously racist/sexist again?!?), thin-skinned baby who doesn’t even know what making a hard decision means (you know, a decision that affects something he cares about, not the jobs and savings of other people).

I noted in another thread (or maybe this one) that you take the exact same set of facts: Clinton is untrustworthy but stable / Trump is untrustworthy and unstable and present them to people who agree on them, and you get some people seeing that as a reason to vote for Clinton and others seeing it as a reason to vote for Trump.

To quote Screwtape:

By the very act of arguing, you awake the patient’s reason; and once it is awake, who can foresee the result?

Rational arguments are great if:

1. You are surrounded by rational people
  2. Your goal is to get things right not to be right

As long as we can’t even entertain the possibility that Donald Trump is actually a better choice, we should stay out of the realm of logic.

2 Likes

[Trump confuses Clinton’s running mate with former (80s, Republican) New Jersey governor Tom Kean]
(http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/trump-confuses-tim-kaine-226283).

4 Likes
5 Likes