Trump the Chump (Part 1)

being there

4 Likes

Reading, how does it work?

4 Likes

Savage.

8 Likes

Savage indeed, and from such a mainstream publication!

4 Likes

Not just a mainstream publication, but one that is often about as opinionated as a wet napkin.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, they snapped.

I wouldn’t be surprised if reporting on what the president said about a senator is the first time they’ve ever printed the word “whore”.

4 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-19/trump-asks-how-s-your-401-k-but-most-voters-don-t-have-one

5 Likes

This illustration does a good job in describing pretty much all Virginia wines. His is the worst. And his winery is a red neck tourist trap.

3 Likes

Virginia wines seem rather pricy, so I’ve not tried them.

[Trump drinking water]

For a guy who thinks it’s very important we know that his hands aren’t small…

[401k slogan]

Trevor Noah likens Trump to a standup comedian who is always workshopping his material. If the 401k line is getting a tepid response from his crowds, he’ll stop doing it. That’s a key difference between how the writers at Bloomberg think and how Trump thinks. They ask if he knows that most voters don’t have one. He doesn’t know and he doesn’t care. It’s a bit like asking in response to “lock her up” if he knows how the criminal justice system works.

He only knows how the crowd reacts. You can get a long way on that.

7 Likes

I prefer to think of him more as a professional wrestler workshopping his gimmick.

3 Likes

Basically. Wrestling performances are based on patent medicine salesmen.

2 Likes

I was going to disagree because obviously pro-wrestlers are written for while stand-up comedians actually go out and do jokes that bomb to find out what works. But I guess the big name pro-wrestlers on the WWE worked their way up through smaller circuits and probably did the same kind of process, where they tried different catch phrases and moves, etc.

Obviously Trump behaves as a pro-wrestling heel.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Okay, I guess I should be clear that in addition to behaving like a pro-wrestling heel, he has actually been a pro-wrestling heel on the WWE. Or was he a face? I think McMahon often played the bad guy, so maybe Trump was presented as a good guy. Actually, that article shows he was on it enough that he almost certainly played both sides.

ETA: I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a second WWE hallf of famer as president in our lifetime. I hear the Rock is considering a senate run.

3 Likes

12/15 and I was guessing.

2 Likes

GOVERNOR OF MINNESOTA: 1999–2003

WWE HALL OF FAME: 2004

He’s some kind of conspiracy nut, but I don’t know which kind.

Instead of having a debate, they could give each candidate a stack of explosives and a snorkel and tell them to demolish an oil rig.

3 Likes