Trump threatens to cut Michigan from federal money over mail-in voting, as 10,000 in state flee breaking dams

This will be interesting if it comes to pass. I don’t owe an armed Trumptard anything but a middle finger if he questions my right to vote. Hopefully some amusing YouTube videos will result if this debacle takes place.

4 Likes

Can’t tell if Twitter did it or Trump did (either one seems vanishingly likely, tbh), but his tweet threat to Michigan is gone now.

The one aimed at Nevada is still there, though.

6 Likes

Let’s be honest. That is exactly what would happen to a real life Galt’s Gulch. Some dam owner, or chemical plant owner, or nuclear powerplant owner would put off repairs or save money on safety systems because nobody can tell them what to do! And they would all die for the good of the market. (Or it would turn into a dilapidated underwater city haunted by the creations of capitalism).

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure State’s Rights are only invoked when they can be used to hurt or oppress someone other than the people doing the invoking

I heard that Texas is doing mail-in ballots. How is that sitting with Trump? My guess is fine, since it’s a red state.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.