Trump calls mail-in ballots "corrupt" but reiterates that it's fine when he does it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/08/trump-calls-mail-in-ballots.html

4 Likes

A day without trump vomit.

Just one fucking day.

(Not you BBS, the whole World. A global request.)

34 Likes

Coming soon, the Donald J Trump Biopic, “The Bloviator: Blow Hard With A Vengeance”

7 Likes

Whoops, you said the quiet part out loud again, Donnie.

34 Likes

I guess that he is only interested in the result of the next election; so he doesn’t care if he kills off 10% of the Republican Voters, just so long as he wins this time. Trump is so short-term he gives mayflies a bad name.

14 Likes

Hmmmm, bets that he’ll let it fail? At least until after the election.

10 Likes

If he can travel to Florida to golf, why can’t he travel to Florida to vote?

33 Likes

President Trump: “I think mail-in voting is horrible, it’s corrupt.”

Reporter: “You voted by mail in Florida’s election last month, didn’t you?”

Trump: “Sure. I can vote by mail”

Reporter: “How do you reconcile with that?”

Trump: “Because I’m allowed to horrible. I’m corrupt”

Fixed.

23 Likes

I don’t see any of this getting better. The burner has gone from low to medium and the water’s hot. Openly rigged elections, bullshit parliamentary procedure stacking the judiciary, and a big army of dumbshit assholes to serve as cannon fodder. And this is happening world-wide.

I’m learning Bokmal (Norwegian). I’m only a couple generations out - that’s where I came from.

I’m getting the fuck out of here - seriously. Just wondering if an ocean will be far enough.

9 Likes

Picture a general election in November, 2020 where Republicans and Fox News say “There’s no risk, the crooked media is hyping this up, go out and vote in person.” and Democrats and experts say “Continue to social distance, don’t risk your health.” It’s a no-win situation for Democrats when “Get out the vote” also means “cram yourself into a huge crowd with elderly poll workers for several hours.”

10 Likes

Forcing in person voting in an epidemic is murderous. The Supreme court, and Wisconsin’s, should be brought up on charges.

15 Likes

Isn’t that literally his attitude towards everything: do as I say, not as I do.

5 Likes

Not sure how “charges” would work, the Supreme Court’s rulings are legal more or less by definition. Which is why it’s so important that we carefully evaluate SCOTUS nominees so we don’t end up with such horrible rulings.

11 Likes

I know. I wish their senses of shame and humanity were still working, though that ship has sailed.

4 Likes

He’s an openly corrupt hypocrite. Gee, whouda thought?

Oh right, every single person who called him out for what he is for the last 4 years, then the last…rest of his life…and so on.

I need to put this shit on a sign in my yard but my tea party landlord next door- his head would explode, and he’d break down like those clockwork aristocratic aliens in Dr. Who.

5 Likes

What haven’t you people figured out? It’s ok when he does it, no you.

5 Likes

tumblr_80f501909a0d255484384d92f81e00aa_6b7a9d7d_540

16 Likes

Fucking idiot.

It’s right there in the family crest and words that he has lived by all his life. Nothing so far has proved him wrong. Nothing sticks to Teflon Don. There is one drawback to living a life coated in teflon though…

Narrator: “It won’t.”

4 Likes

I have those thoughts too. Not that I’m in a position to do anything about. But if there is a second term I make more of an effort as I think, “I’m bored, let’s have a war,” will be inevitable.