Trump threatens to send armed federal forces to 'Democrat' cities

Trump sees himself as equal to Putin, and he isn’t going to rest without trying to secure the power Putin has. He would feel ashamed if he, too, couldn’t rule for life. I am afraid that Republicans in Congress might not even have a problem with that, as it clenches the executive branch for them in the long-term.

I expect we will see “private security firms” on the streets in Democrat controlled cities between now and November, fattened out by proud boys and boogaloos. 150 DHS troops aren’t enough for cities like Chicago. He will handle the situation in the same way he handled his concentration camps on the Mexican border.

His advisors are using Hitler’s playbook. Hitler was opposed by the military, too, but he had millions of SA and SS by 1933. He’d spent 10 years preparing. Not disorganized hooligans, or a few hundred from fringe government agencies; but actual millions of in-uniform, boots-on-the-ground troops. They were having shooting battles on the streets of German cities for years previous. By the time their violence began to cause Hitler political problems, their work was done.

The question now is whether the millions of Trump followers willing to do that kind of work are organized enough. I think we as Americans are not nearly as motivated and resolute, sadly on either side of the conflict, and Trump is too inept even in his despotism. The result will more likely be a political quagmire and civil unrest for the foreseeable future.

I strongly recommend the BBC miniseries “Rise of the Nazis”. It is pretty obvious that they made that specifically with Trump in mind, to warn against what is happening now.

14 Likes

I just watched that myself. And yes, they’re not hiding the fact that this is also about Il Douche and his cronies.

12 Likes

Which is an unnecessary correction when I was referring to military control of the National Guard. Context is key.

5 Likes

Suppressing the vote in Los Angeles alone wouldn’t be enough to flip California red. All major cities in the state went blue in 2016 and are likely to be even moreso in 2020.

That’s one of the reasons Trump’s accusations about voter fraud in California were so ridiculous. If Democrats were trying to steal the election, why put so much effort into counting fraudulent votes in California instead of in a swing state where it might have made a difference?

10 Likes

And to think that once upon a time, the US government made propaganda to forestall the rise of fascism here.

10 Likes

And, according to a Twitter ad that just appeared, apparently DHS is getting some straight up Black Mirror robots to boot! The fucking timing on this champagne cork, jesus.

2 Likes

based on 45’s incredibly shrinking poll numbers, i suspect they may be red, but they aren’t blood red.

there’s a lot of people it seems who don’t like trump, what he’s done with the bounties on our troops, with coronavirus, with the protests, and the endless drama.

biden’s game plan still seems to count on this. a person who can convert red votes into grudgingly anti-trump votes.

i think the administration believes getting people to hate the activists is their surest way of turing people back towards bunkerboy

this is most definitely the plan, or at least a possibility that they’ve thought about and happily welcome

4 Likes

tumblr_njhu2mYKRE1sj53d8o1_500

5 Likes

cepheus42, I agree with everything you said. Remember, the wall of moms has backed the storm troopers down. If those stupid camo wearing mystery men start beating the moms, all hell is.gonna break loose.

7 Likes

That was no threat he said he “will be” sending…

I hate Bannon and Gorka almost as much as I hate trump and barr.

4 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/politics/donald-trump-federal-law-enforcement-chicago-albuquerque/index.html

"Barr said there were about 200 federal agents dispatched as part of the program to Kansas City, and said a comparable number would head to Chicago to augment existing teams already there.

He said 35 agents would go to Albuquerque, New Mexico, and that other cities would be added later."

Who is betting on mass arrests of money laundering, tax-evading, suburban HOA types? I think the short odds are leaning toward something a bit more Sturmabteilung-isch, and upticks in Hawaiian shirt-related crime.

By November, I fear some neighborhoods are going to have a good impression about who is and isn’t expected to be seen at the polls on election day.

2 Likes

Trump is using the Domino Theory to use violence against Americans that have a different believe system than him.

How is Don still standing ?

I admire your optimism!

4 Likes

Luckily they won’t need to show at the polls because they can vote by mail.
It might still be used as a conspiracy theory that the election was a fraud, but you can also do this kind of propaganda by cherry-picking some places.

He’s got something for that too:

8 Likes

Then take your ballot to your clerk’s office. Save a stamp, and save your vote. And maybe have a little faith in your local Post Master. The career, front-line US employees are the only thing keeping any part of the federal government from totally falling apart.

11 Likes

Yes, but the mail-in ballots were the second option. The article was bout the federal troops on the streets making people uncomfortable to go out at all.

yeah. but our mail carrier gets ~$1250 every two weeks to drive a broken-down rear-wheel drive un-a/c mail truck through snow and unpaved shoulders of rural life and suburban driving hell.

it makes the mail carriers more susceptible to things like mail fraud and paid for being the bad actor. and my behavior towards the USPS can’t change that.

I saw that movie! Mail-in voting applications have been delivered to Massachusetts residents yesterday btw.

1 Like