Trump threatens to sue Nevada to block universal mail-in ballots

“Post Office could never handle the Traffic of Mail-In Votes without preparation.” Yes because the post office isn’t designed to handle lots of letters. I think what he means is, “Due to my attempts at running the Post Office into the ground the Post Office will hopefully not be able to handle the Traffic of Mail-In Votes.”

8 Likes

My wife and I both got these.

It seems the R’s aren’t concerned about mail-in voting in MA.

Hmmm. I wonder why? After all, every vote in the country should carry the same weight, right?

6 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention that the methods the Democrats are supposed to be using to steal the election could just as easily be used by the Republicans. That “millions of ballots printed in a foreign country” could be a request to Putin

6 Likes

I want this.

4 Likes

I don’t think trump has standing to sue. I’m sure some Nevadan (is that the word for a citizen of Nevada?) will sue at some point and they would have standing. There always seems to someone ready to do his evil work for him. But trump isn’t a resident and Nevada elections aren’t subject to fed oversight under the Voting Rights Act.
So I think he can bluster and rant, but there isn’t a way forward. Any suits would be tossed for lack of standing.

6 Likes

The sad part is that this could be the best example against political support turned into fanboyism, which is what every corrupt politician aims to in order to gain eternal support no matter how bad he is at ruling a country.
If any of us had a time machine, went back a few years, then asked any of current Trump supporters something like “one day a president will attempt to deny US citizens the right to vote in order to keep his ass in office”, they would be outraged at the very least. “What? Are we turning into a dictatorship? That’s against any principle of democracy! WTF! He must be stopped! Are you sure he’s not a Russian or Chinese double agent?”.
Sadly it’s too late: most of those people have been conveniently turned into fanboys, so that to them Trump isn’t anymore a choice but rather a faith, which is damn hard to change.

4 Likes

Yep. This probably isn’t news to many (if any) here, but this Maine Calling episode today helped clarify that the whole QAnon thing has nothing to do with right-wing-ism and everything to do with fanboy-ism:

I’ve been trying to get a little smarter about the whole QAnon thing without needing to physically remove and scrub my brain, and that was a good intro.

3 Likes

Is it even worth mentioning the psychological projection? Surely that is common knowledge at this point.

3 Likes

tiptoeing?

I’m not sure what you mean. Not tiptoeing towards indoctrination, rather trying to understand what this whole insanity is about. What an interesting time to be alive, eh?

The headline says that the QAnon conspiracy is tiptoeing into trump world, I say that it’s marching forthrightly in.

1 Like

Oh, good catch. I didn’t even notice that headline. Yes, they’re tiptoeing just like a…bull in a china shop sounds too unintentional. Just like a cop with a no knock warrant?

3 Likes

Hear Hear.
Plus, at least on my Fla. absentee ballots they mail me all the way in South America, there are ballot measures which can be confusingly stated on the ballot - so sitting there for hours reading each and every item, plus the break down of what they mean and potentially could do is so good.
Yes; there are preview ballots available so you could potentially do all that work and then take your cheat sheet with you to the polls, but it’s difficult for a busy person to take the time to do so for “minor” issues or roles, but once you have the real ballot there next to the computer, it get easier to make it a priority.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.