Trump to avoid "appearance" of business conflicts

I’d imagine that the vast majority of people wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for their grammar.

Their grampar, too.

34 Likes

[quote=“generic_name, post:2, topic:90359”]
Does anyone think there is anything Trump could do that would compel the GOP-controlled congress to impeach?
[/quote]Joining the Democrat party would do it, they’d gleefully impeach then :wink:

8 Likes

Honestly? I’m not sure he can even maintain the form. But I guess it’s a little piece of hope to try and hang on to?

3 Likes

That was terrible, i loved it. :smiley:

7 Likes

You’re missing the point - the issue isn’t the murder, it’s obstructing traffic. Trump supporters tend to get upset when they can’t drive everywhere, see. If they can make Trump out to be a secret bicycle-loving pinko, he’s finished. If he stood in the middle of the bike lane to murder someone, he’d be untouchable for a good year or more.

10 Likes

The thing is, he is making money off the presidency every time he charges the government for his Secret Service protection’s seats on his airplane, or for room rental at Trump Tower, or anywhere else they stay where he charges the government for it. And how about that lease from the government for that spanking new hotel in Washington, DC?

11 Likes

There are probably at least some portion of the GoP in Congress who would prefer Pence to Trump, and might be willing to work to get there if there were a big enough demonstrable ethics violation to use as an excuse. Pence is obviously much more a traditional GoP team player. Also, while he is ideologically reprehensible, he is politically ‘clean’ in ways that Trump is not. The GoP is hardly solidly unified these days, esp. when it comes to Trump.

1 Like

It’s from an old joke.

A teacher asks the class to get a pencil and paper out. All except one of them do: Little Johnny has his paper out, but no pencil.

“Little Johnny,” the teacher asks, “Why didn’t you take your pencil out?”

“I ain’t got none!” replies Little Johnny.

“Little Johhny!” the teacher exclaims, “Where is your grammar?”

The boy frowns. “She’s at home,” and then, after a pause, “And she ain’t got no pencil neither!”

15 Likes

Oh pish. He’s not going to take the $400k presidential salary, so it all evens out.

See? Form vs substance. It’s easy once you start.

10 Likes

Of course this idea has occurred to me, but does the GOP want to alienate the voters who elected Trump? The GOP base will vote GOP no matter what, but there are a lot of people who came into the fold simply because of Trump who would be red-faced/white-knuckled angry.

“Saving face” is also a delicate area, you can bet the paranoia-mongers like Alex Jones would come down hard on the GOP no matter what excuse they used, and Trump himself could make a huge stink about it, threaten the GOP, defy congress, suddenly offer to work with the Democrats if he thought it would help him against the GOP. The guy is a wild card, he only cares about himself, he could do just about anything.

If this election has taught me anything it’s that none of us knows what the future holds.

8 Likes

I’d prefer January 19th. Not even one partial day.

5 Likes

I believe he said he would only take $1.00 however, he is missing the point of working for the people and living in the people’s house.

14 Likes

That was the point made in the linked article in his post, too.

2 Likes

If he hides his ethically dubious dealings like he did his tax returns, they’ll be no appearance because you won’t see them. Problem solved!

9 Likes

If he wanted to make a somewhat more meaningful gesture he’d allow the Secret Service in Trump Tower without charging untold millions in rent.

Does the Secret Service normally have to pay rent to the figures they’re guarding? I don’t remember hearing anything about George W. Bush making them pay for their setup at Crawford Ranch.

6 Likes

He does say “believe me” a lot.

That pack of cowards and chancers? They’ll line up offering to clean his gold-plated pistol so long as he delivers tax breaks for the wealthy and porkbarrel infrastructure funding for their whites-only local bridges to nowhere.

11 Likes

Well, if he gave charity, visited the sick, took in the homeless, clothed the naked, fed the hungry, paid his taxes, acted nonjudgementally or showed signs of kindness, they might find that unbecoming an American Christian and impeach him.

23 Likes

Avoiding “appearance” just means he’ll try to hide them. Hopefully unsuccessfully.

8 Likes

Lies

if you believe ANY f’ing thing that comes out of his mouth I have a bridge to sell to you today….

2 Likes

Well they pay rent to whoever owns the property they use - sometimes it’s the person they are guarding (such as Biden) - other times it’s just a public rental. The Clintons (for what it’s worth) declined to charge them rent.

7 Likes