Trump to avoid "appearance" of business conflicts

And he actually had something to say.

16 Likes

Interesting idea. I’d be curious to see what this looks like.

Which is to say, I really hope the Democrats stop rolling over every chance they get.

7 Likes

The electorate didn’t vote for ethics.

1 Like

About that hotel in the old post office in DC:

Trump will be in violation of terms of the lease on January 20, namely the clause that says, “no … elected official of the Government of the United States … shall be admitted to any share or part of this Lease, or to any benefit that may arise therefrom.”

(NPR)

If he’s such a business genius—which HE IS—why would he have signed this lease?

12 Likes

I’m not sure if Cheeto Mussolini doesn’t understand where the conflicts of interest actually are, or he’s hoping that by saying things like this, he can pull one over on his supporters.

The number of campaign finance laws that tRump violated this election (a number involving PACs) is staggering - and, as far as I know, he’s not being taken to task for any of them. It’s like everyone knows it’s a joke and they’re fine with it, now.

Let’s face it - that’s probably already the case. It’s Pence going to the briefings, not tRump, for example. tRump may (or may not) be appointing people, but policy is being set by Pence.

The irony being that every day he spends in New York costs taxpayers more than his yearly salary would. Flying to New York for the weekend would cost more than he would have made in four years in the White House.

Yeah, legally they can’t take gifts - anything of value they have to pay for. Which is why they’ve paid tRump over $1.6 million just for plane tickets to join him on his plane. He’s set things up such that their costs go to him, and they’re a lot more than they would otherwise be.

13 Likes

I know :wink:

1 Like

OK, OK so… a white dog. I’m OK with white dogs. I’m OK with white people’s dogs too. Sometimes they’re white. Mostly, I just like dogs.

2 Likes

Ok, so, maybe he shoots the dog?

2 Likes

Brag about committing sexual assault on an open mic?

Kill and eat a baby on live television?

:cry:

1 Like

Where are the baby’s parents from? Apparently, this matters.

9 Likes

The cops would turn on him. That’s their privilege that’s he’s taking there.

8 Likes

He had to put the business in a blind trust or he breaks the constitution by becoming president. Corruption.

Ha! But hey, look at the sturm und drang they were able to summon with the sit-in in Congress–that wasn’t nothing. I don’t know how an opposition continues to deploy that kind of agitation without becoming another shrill Fox news shouting match, but the Democratic left isn’t just wastrels. And for what it’s worth, having just called all my particular state’s congresscritters to complain about trump’s cornucopia of conflicts, it was nice to see and hear about at least two of them speaking up about the trump dump (ugh, sorry). That said, I’ve got Elijah Cummings and Barbara Mikulski working for me so I consider my representation to be better than most.

4 Likes

Sure, as long as we pretend he isn’t charging us $1mil per day to let his secret service detail guard him. Heck, that may be the most successful business venture he’s ever had.

8 Likes

Now you’re going too far. Way too far.

Even if it is a white dog.

1 Like

I keep thinking about this, “the appearance” of conflicts of interest. Trump’s actual tweets on the matter are vague, but he seems to be leaving the biz to his kids, which isn’t legally removed enough from him to count as a blind trust.

America really has stepped into the Twilight Zone here. We had years of conservatives hurling every hatred and irrational claim at Obama, and he was basically a decent President, a good caretaker at worst, and now they have chosen a man with no scruples, no character, no regard for the letter of the law, and a very clear ego problem. If the GOP can publicly state at the outset of Obama’s first term that their duty was to make him a failure (even if it hurt the country) then we should assume they won’t care what actually happens to America as long as they can make it “appear” like things are going great.

12 Likes

Trump could be filmed giving the entire Vienna Boys Choir a hum job and all his minions would do is buy knee pads.

4 Likes

He should work first to avoid the appearance of being a dumb fuck.

8 Likes

But how? Face transplant? Head transplant? Reincarnated as a higher life form than he currently occupies… Big job for him Yuge Job really.

3 Likes

The electorate voted for Fear.
The GOP has long been the party of Fear, Fighting & (nostalgic) Fantasy.
tRump is in all reality the Candidate of the three F’s that the GOP never quite managed to entrench on its own.

“Fear again. If you want to control someone, all you have to do is to make them feel afraid.”

1 Like