Trump to kick 700,000 Americans off food stamps just in time for holiday cruelty display

Ya know, instead of diverting food stamp money to build his wall, maybe he could skip a step and build a wall out of food stamps?

4 Likes

I’m sure that half Trump’s supporters will blame the Democrats for this cut in their assistance; the other half will blame the Jews.

20 Likes

And when the next administration cuts coal and oil subsidies, I suppose the MAGA crowd will want food stamps re-instated since they will be out of work in addition to being uneducated?

5 Likes

Do his base supporters understand he’s to blame or will they just use their addled logic to somehow blame democrats?

I think we all know the answer.

2 Likes

No, no. The rich are far too chewy and gamy. They’ve lived too long (thanks to medical procedures the plebs couldn’t hope to afford) and are filled with too many OTC narcotics. They’re better used as fertilizer for your gardens. Go vegan!

9 Likes

I’m getting the feeling this is another one of his setups to make himself a hero again.

2 Likes

“Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?”

4 Likes

Here’s the per-capita:

(Note: I didn’t vet the source at all, so no guarantees of how accurate this is)

14 Likes

After listening to this podcast about how the Rump administration has deliberately set out to do harm against legitimate asylum seekers, I agree wholeheartedly

6 Likes

Yes. He needs them angry and doesn’t worry about them blaming him. This is just free rage fuel.

12 Likes

“More people who receive food stamps to make sure they and their dependent family members don’t die of hunger will now to have to work in order to receive food stamps under Trump’s rule.”

If I’m not mistaken I believe this ruling will not effect those with dependent family members. People with kids and dependents won’t lose their food stamps.

5 Likes

I’ve reported it. Edward Tufte will be sending a strongly worded (but graphically beautiful) letter!

9 Likes

Oh?

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/states-people-food-stamps.html/

California probably has a high total number, but the per-capita percent is much higher elsewhere.

eta: Using the year slider on the second link, yikes! That is too many people on food stamps, but how about cutting tax breaks for the rich?

5 Likes

No other company had more Ohio employees and their family members receiving food assistance, though McDonald’s came close with 9,927, the data show. Walmart routinely has topped the food assistance list over the years.

4 Likes

…not the unborn!

4 Likes

Trump thrives on those who gleefully vote against their own self interests. In this case, starving to Own The Libs.

9 Likes

Trump to kick 700,000 Americans off food stamps just in time for holiday cruelty display

Enough with this PC bs, Trump is kicking them off in time for the Christmas cruelty display /s.

6 Likes

Is this enough to change their vote? It’s astonishing what our temporary embarrassed future billionaires will forgive. His campaign slogan should be Cracking Egg to Make America’s Omelets Great Again.

2 Likes

The fact that a non-zero percentage of the affected people will likely vote for Trump in 2020 (barring unforeseen events) is the real crime, here. The only reason despots like Trump rise to power is because of the people who support them, often against their own self-interest.

5 Likes

A monstrous act by a monster acting on behalf of neoliberal corporate power and extreme wealth. Please do not be distracted by a player (Trump); the focus needs to be on who benefits most from this and the fact that they do not care about the collateral damage caused on their behalf.

4 Likes