Trump to rank coronavirus risk of U.S. counties, tells governors they can decide to relax COVID-19 restrictions

It’s about time for Trump to start wearing a dictator uniform full of made up medals.

5 Likes

How long one is immune after catching the virus might be the biggest unknown at this point. Other corona viruses like SARS result in temporary immunity of about a year on average, but it can vary from a couple weeks to decades depending on the virus. Currently for this strain no one knows yet. One might say you should proceed with caution until we know all the facts, but I don’t see that happening

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s not a terrible way of dealing with the extended period of this pandemic. After all, we really can’t all stay in our homes for the next year or so. And testing is becoming more available. But we are not really close to ready for this.

US has more cases than China and the rate is increasing, with 1/3 the population and two months more warning. I wouldn’t say we’re making good progress.

6 Likes

Has he informed the virus of his intended labels? Because I don’t think he gets to make that choice. He’s trying to be a reality game show host again. I’m wondering if counties that are nice to him get the low-risk label.

4 Likes

Well, I’m sure the uniform would end up fitting him better than his awful suits. Don’t think that’s really a plus tho.

The “correct” answer isn’t obvious enough.

4 Likes

I think they are the same too. I have to admit I was somewhat panicked as I read through it last…um…it fears like a long long time ago, was it a week now? At any rate a house down the street’s solar panels are being installed, and I can’t say I have really been out enough to see much else.

So I freely admit I may have missed all miner of details…but they don’t really seem to be enforcing them all that well. Unsurprising though, I somehow doubt there are a whole lot of cops available to enforce things like that just now.

2 Likes

I’ll allow it.

and my name here is NoThisIsPatrick. Don’t use my slave name.

Yeah, they’re not really enforcing it, at least against individuals (or presumably small scale construction). Fair enough, when they’ve had to deal with big employers like Tesla just declaring themselves essential and refusing to close…

I noticed the lack of road noise as well here in Boston, MA yesterday morning. Kind of eerie.

Just continuing the GOP tradition of base-killing policies. At the end of the day, disproportionately more red-staters will die than blue-staters. It’s a form of justice. Seriously.
I’m an Old Testament – maybe Lewis Carroll, now that I think about it – guy. Bad acts deserve punishment, not forgiveness and enabling more; let the punishment fit the crime.

Given how small, and effectively unbordered(the borders exist on the map; but not on the terrain) US counties are; this seems like a transparently mendacious move.

If some epidemiologists or geostatisticians proposed the idea I’d leave that to their professional judgement; but this sounds a lot like a blatant attempt to declare things A-OK despite them being a 15 minute drive from the nearest plague zone.

2 Likes

Yes! I felt like I was being poked in the eye and I couldn’t figure out why the person who removed all the other errors left this in. Even more bizarrely, “administration” is capitalised too.

(There’s also no capital g in “America’s governors”, because the word is not part of a proper noun in that context)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.