Trump tweeted sensitive U.S. surveillance image of Iran, experts say

None. The secret service has been complaining for the entirety of the trump admin that trump refuses to use secured phones and won’t allow the ss to check his personal phones. He’s an asset for hostile foreign powers, planted in the white house

37 Likes

Lock him up! Lock him up!

This guy is a dangerous joke.

12 Likes

February 2017

“you’re fired”

Repeat until the whitehouse is staffed with people who never disagree with trump

24 Likes

Look he has to tweet out national secrets, he can’t share anything in person until Dorian passes by Mar-A-Lago.

But when he does it, Stephen Miller high fives him and tells him he owned the libs yet again.

5 Likes

Technically the president decides what’s classified and what’s not. Do you think whomever’s babysitting today will bother with “Sir, that’s a bad idea.” when they know perfectly well that it won’t matter?

5 Likes

Just yesterday he fired his personal assistant because she had one too many drinks during an off-the-record dinner with reporters and let it slip that he couldn’t pick his own daughter Tiffany out of a crowd.

27 Likes

but will they blend?

If the CIA/NSA/FBI weren’t (wisely) limiting the info being fed to Trump before…!

2 Likes

The text of the tweet does not strike me as something Trump himself would write. Too straightforward, too…“normal.”

3 Likes

Seems so… but beyond that, a careful re-read gives me the very strange feeling that Trump wants to plant a little “did the US actually have something to do with this” seed in the brains of Iran’s leaders, whether true or not.

8 Likes

People… I know ‘orange man bad’ and all, but this is ridiculous. The article even says, 3/4ths of the way down, “Panda notes that a small redaction in the upper left-hand corner suggests the intelligence community had cleared the image for release by the president”.

“Cheeto in Chief releases photo after being cleared to do so by his intelligence agents” doesn’t make for a teeth-gnashing headline. Spy tech get better year after year. At some point, maintaining a facade about how ‘old and outdated’ the publicly-viewable stuff is becomes too much effort and the next generation is incrementally released for public consumption.

2 Likes

If this picture was taken by a drone or spy plane in Iranian airspace rather than a satellite (as some experts have suggested) then Trump just blew the cover on a hitherto secret and illegal intelligence operation.

16 Likes

Using the disingenuous language of 45’s zealots and fanatics does nothing to validate your argument with this community; just fyi.

35 Likes

If you’re closer to the target, it has a larger angular size. This can offset the distortion due to the atmosphere. That drone flying above the atmosphere bit is pretty wonky though - what’s it flying through then?

4 Likes

It goes without saying, but just another troll: “Oh, it’s so unfortunate you had a problem with your missile program. Best wishes and good luck determining what happened. Because we really want Iran’s missile program to succeed.”

But, if, somehow, the CIA did have a hand in sabotaging this launch (perhaps in a way similar to how the US briefly crippled their nuclear centrifuges), isn’t this just the kind of triumphant post he’d tweet-- right after being briefed by CIA and told “Mr. President, this is classified”?

8 Likes

Then why would his intelligence handlers clear the photo for release, as the hand-wringing civilian functionary even admits in his press quote?

Not a 45 ‘zealot’, just a good ol’ fashioned moderate noting the deep similarities between the unhinged auto-hate for 45 from one side of the aisle, and the exact. same. thing. that ‘the other side’ was displaying during the last 8 years of 44.

1 Like

Since we’re dotting our i’s and crossing our t’s here… “suggests” is not “definitively indicates”.

I’ll wait for definitive word on all this.

7 Likes

I don’t actually care what you are; just stating the reality of the situation.

False equivalency is FALSE.

25 Likes