Trump tweets 14 white supremacist words

He’s been doing one of these per day for the last few days. Distraction while they get their story straight on BountyGate?

15 Likes

Very likely. Which could open another possibility: he’s becoming a voluntary scapegoat whose ultimate goal is to burn his political career while legitimizing racism, fascism, police brutality etc. In short, even his critics among the GOP would be supporting him although secretly so that when he goes they’ll inherit the violent belligerent voters base they need while keeping a low profile and clean face.

5 Likes

I think there’s another hidden wink in the tweet…

I count 87 visible characters. What are the odds there’s another space in there after MAGA2020? Or maybe an extra space hidden in the line break?

Or maybe I miscounted. Or maybe I’m seeing patterns because I’m expecting them to be there. I wish to God(dess) I was wrong… but I suspect I’m not.

17 Likes

Look, 1488 is their meme. It’s totally reasonable to try and find the 88 when a neo-nazi strings together 14 words with a white supremacist bent. I’m betting there is an extra space after the exclamation point.

15 Likes

I dunno. Racism is 100% Trump’s thing but hidden messages are not. When he says fascist garbage he doesn’t beat around the bush, he just says it.

Plus I’m not convinced he can count that high.

36 Likes

Your math is correct, although there doesn’t seem to be a detectable extra space anywhere. I checked the original tweet.

ETA: I threw the copied tweet into google translate which helpfully counts characters for you.

12 Likes

True. Maybe Stephen Miller dictated it to him.

16 Likes

Punching Nazis. When and why on Earth is it EVER a problem?

11 Likes

Trolling? or Dog whistle? Can’t be coincidence.

2 Likes

1st 2 uppercase characters that normally wouldn’t need to be uppercase are H and H.

17 Likes

A lot of people think Stephen Miller writes many of Trump’s tweets, and if that’s true, you can be certain he wrote this one. Trump doesn’t have the knowledge or patience to make a 14-word tweet with almost exactly 88 characters, but Stephen Miller has been crafting those in his wet dreams for decades.

28 Likes

Occurs to me that there could easily have been 88 characters as originally composed, a leading space, a following, or a double, and the software simply edited it out. Perhaps. I dunno, I don’t tweet.

Suddenly, I feel like a Kabbalist.

19 Likes

What level of psychotic compartmentalization must it take for Stephen Miller to be an enabler for people who would gladly feed him and his family to the woodchipper if they got their way?

14 Likes

uh…if you can’t beat 'em, join 'em?

I have no idea.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Ooooh, nice tip! I did not know that. Thank you! :grin:

9 Likes

Eh, it should be a nuttso conspiracy theory, and in a better timeline it would be. But here? Yeah, it’s just Tuesday.

16 Likes

You’re correct, but he’s not working alone and in addition to appealing to casual bigots they’re also giving a smarmy little wink to the full-on fascists. This tweet reeks of kapo Miller.

8 Likes

It is 87 characters … but if the Twitter app has counter, wouldn’t it be showing 88 after typing the text? i.e. the cursor is now at the 88th position. (At it does in editors with line/column display.)

9 Likes

It’s funny, I used to take (some) people at face value that to them “heritage” might mean something more than, well, their just being white. The last few years have been shit, but you know what? I think a silver lining is that the pretense is now flushed down the toilet.

6 Likes