Trump tweets islamophobic video from far-right British criminal

I’ve never bought the idea that Trump has any strategy beyond attracting attention to himself and assuaging his ego in the moment. I have serious mental health issues, and I have to do a large amount of mental work to do my job, to interact in a normal way in some social circumstances, etc. There’s this idea that Trump might be doing that amount of work to pretend that they do have a personality disorder to… accrue the benefits that are heaped on people with personality disorders?

It’s like people are imagining him as a genius with an iron will and unlimited energy to deny who he is and keep up an incredible act 24-hours a day for at least six years now. He’s not Edward Norton’s character from The Prestige. He’s just a pampered dumbass who never had to deal with the consequences of a single thing in his entire life.

22 Likes

I think you mean The Illusionist. Or maybe Hugh Jackman/christian Bale?

1 Like

I definitely mean Christian Bale’s character.

Come on, all those Hollywood actors look the same.

6 Likes

Even Piers Morgan was like WTF Trump?! That’s when you know it’s bad!

4 Likes

He’s not just a pampered dumbass…he’s our Pampered Dumbass.

1 Like

Sorry for my pedantry- it’s an easy mistake. I mean, both of those movies came out at the same time and I had to really think hard to remember which one had which actor…

1 Like

Some day this madness will end, right? Please tell me I’m right. Please.

Not at all. Memory is a funny thing, I actually remembered Edward Norton’s face in it, then when I looked it up, my memory went, “oh right!” and swapped in Christian Bale. Anyway, I wouldn’t want anyone to be confused about which character(s) I was referring to. I’ve actually never seen the Illusionist, but I doubt it portrays a person as totally committed to living every single moment of their life in pursuit of a single deceit.

3 Likes

That doesn’t preclude all the crocs he’s been dumping by the bucketload into positions of influence from using the attention-holiday (and keeping him propped up and yammering to keep the long weekend as long as possible) to pull of some truly dastardly things. I blame the adults in the room.

1 Like

trumpstuff

8 Likes

It’s awful, alright, but he set the bar lower than this when he publically declared participants at a white supremacist rally to be “fine people.”

2 Likes

Most people have complex internal motivations that lead them to shape their actions to produce certain results. So we try to understand the person. With trump his internal motivations are so simple that they don’t shape the outcomes of his actions at all, so the outcomes are incredible chaotic. Our approach of trying to understand the person, doesn’t work, and we should instead, as you are, look entirely at the outcomes.

6 Likes

I don’t know, Britain First are a vile group.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2017/11/29/trump-retweets-uk-far-right-extremist/

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/research/the-hate-files/britain-first/

7 Likes
2 Likes

They are extremely vile, but I stand by my contention that it’s a few nanometres above the subterranean bar he set for himself with the Charlottesville comments.

2 Likes

Wow! That was brave of her.

Not ‘unacceptable’, not ‘ignorant’, not ‘unbecoming of the office of President’. Nothing about not having a state visit - just ‘wrong’.

1 Like

In the midst of this, I’d just like to say:

“Britain First seeks to divide communities through their use of hateful narratives which peddle lies and stoke tensions. They cause anxiety to law-abiding people.”

“They cause anxiety to law-abiding people” seems like a delightfully British way to describe people as borderline terrorists.

4 Likes

So…ofc…Huckabee comes on and says “it doesn’t matter if its real or not, the threat is real regardless” and how it was merely 45 wanting to start a dialogue on a very real threat of border security.

Now…as far as I can tell it it’s called fear mongering. Maybe that’s just me.

Also…based on the White House’s logic…it doesn’t matter if the below image is real or not…its a threat…DISCUSS!!!

1 Like

“Asshole retweets Assholes.”
FTFY.

6 Likes