Trump tweets lie that Google 'manipulated' up to 16 million votes for Hillary Clinton. Nope

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/19/trump-tweets-lie-that-google-r.html

5 Likes

So, that thing about loosening libel laws…

13 Likes

Don’t you know, he’s so amazing, he won in spite of all the rigging against him. Because he is the greatest.

There are not enough eyerolling gifs, emojis and ascii art on the entire Internet to convey how I feel about the above statement. JSYK.

18 Likes

I’m not optimistic that he’s going to leave in an orderly fashion even if he loses in 2020. If he still can’t accept an election result that put him in power there’s no reason to believe he’ll concede an election result that removes him from power.

38 Likes

So, besides the fact that this is a blatant lie…

…the heck does this even mean? Is he alleging that Google, the company, tampered with the actual votes cast in the election? Or that they manipulated the data being reported to the public as the election was going on, to make it seem like Hillary was doing better than she was?

27 Likes

I’m guessing all of those votes I cast on vote.google.com didn’t count then?

23 Likes

Clicked that link super-hoping it was a rickroll.
Still not disappointed.

4 Likes

Of course it wasn’t 16 million! It was 61 million! Heck, it was everybody! Everybody just loves this guy!!

8 Likes

Keeping it vague. So that News People have to explain whatever he’s saying by guessing and filling in the blanks for him and possibly make it sound more plausible.

12 Likes

So it’s a day ending in “Y”?

I vaguely remember living in a decent society.

19 Likes

I couldn’t even find anything more about this at Judicial Watch’s website, which was…a journey, to say the least.

6 Likes

WTF how… I can’t even.
Also how the fuck is this not a hint at how hard it is gonna be to make him move out if he loses in 2020.

16 Likes

29 Likes

If it was anyone else, I’d assume he was preparing the ground for a Big Lie to explain away his defeat in 2020 that GOP’s internal polling in this scenario would be showing.

But since it’s Trump, I’m thinking he’s just spouting wild bullshit to boost his ego.

9 Likes

It’s both. But ‘preparing’ is something he’s intellectually incapable of, so that must have come from some staffer.

3 Likes

Lies, glorious lies! It doesn’t matter who believes them, as long as it keeps people busy, and as long as some people believe them.

Speaking of ignorant shit, my mom passed along this gem:

I told her as long as by “consumers” he means the ones who are consuming us, then yes, he did and they are.

21 Likes

I’m with you on this one. I don’t understand what that means, but he’s putting together words that will generate a lot of talk: Hillary Clinton + million votes + manipulated.

Those words alone will keep everyone’s heads turned the other way for a week or so…

4 Likes

He is talking about this guy.

There is a video of him testifying in the Senate where he makes this claim. As far as I can tell all he can really say (and only based on his research, which is questionable) is that if Google wanted to change 16 million votes to Hillary they could have done it. No evidence that they actually did this. Of course there is evidence that Russia was actively trying to change votes. Not Google.

15 Likes

Tr*lling has been a verra verra good to them!

eta: Russia Today quick to jump in with a Trump-positive article. No collusion.

7 Likes

RT’s business is doing what the Kremlin wants, and they want a divided, weakened, inward-turned US that can’t or won’t respond to Russian imperialist dreams.

9 Likes