Trump under investigation for violating the US Espionage Act, obstruction of justice, and destroying federal government records

Exactly my thoughts too. I would not for one second doubt that trump would sell our state secrets to the highest bidder. Maybe he’s already given them out to his special friends in exchange for someplace to hole up when it gets close to time for his arrest. Light him up! By God, that’s our chant now. His little chicken shit supporters will bawl their eyes out if people talk bad about their fat little god. Fuck that lets go brandon bullshit, Light Him Up. That what we need to hear

15 Likes

Impress Kid Rock.

5 Likes

Dig Her Up!!!

8 Likes

Trump on the Saudis, “I make a lot of money from them.”

“They buy all sorts of my stuff. All kinds of toys from Trump. They pay me millions and hundred of millions.”

And also:
“Saudi Arabia pays cash”

17 Likes

Reality Winner… Reality Winner…

Ummm, when they printed out the docs for Trump, were they source-tagged the same way?

2f2af63b05a8d419dd5e32ea1cabc1cc

20 Likes

The records related to that got flushed long ago.

12 Likes

I mean, it’s pretty clear he and Kushner sold out the US to the Saudis at the very least, what with Kushner subsequently getting control of that $2 billion fund when his proposal was, in the opinion of the Saudis themselves, grossly inadequate. But he got it anyways, thanks to MBS’s intervention. That would have been er, suspicious on its own, but there were too many things that happened with the Saudis during the administration that indicated Trump and Kushner were completely beholden to them.

Plus, the search warrant listed the laws broken, and one of them involves the disclosure of the contents of the files to third parties. Whether he got remuneration directly for them (or was part of an ongoing relationship where this acted as a payment), Trump doesn’t do anything that doesn’t benefit him, so there was something in it for him. (And, of course, Trump more generally wouldn’t even be retaining any of these kinds of documents in the first place if there weren’t some financial benefit to him…)

25 Likes

The normal process. What about any oaths they must take?

1 Like

I mean they take the oath of offices. But there’s no other process they have to go through. The belief is that if they got elected to represent their state or to the highest executive office, they have the inherent trust of the people and thus should have access

7 Likes

People who are more intimately familiar with USC 793 2071 and 1519 than most of us. speculate

… The analysis is the same after the threshold question of whether Trump’s possession, access, or control was lawful or unauthorized. This may depend on the nature of the documents. It’s feasible that Trump could have lawful possession of some documents—for instance, if there are unclassified documents that the National Archives deemed appropriate for him to retain—but Trump cannot currently have lawful possession of classified materials…

while the espionage act (793) does cover selling secrets to foreign countries, it also covers this decidedly less charismatic aspect of keeping secrets-- you can’t take your work home with you, especially after you’ve been fired.

20 Likes

Oh, that would be beautyfull, if true.
I mean we have seen the Orange Bastard weasel out of many things that would have brocken the neck of greater men.
What I found hillarious is that they appearantly found classified documents on french president Macron. Why? Has OB still a mushroom-boner for foreign leaders that he thinks are more manly and charismatic than him? (Granted, that would be a long list, including Angela Merkel…)

14 Likes

the long running attack against hunter is itself a good indication. the ■■■■■ family playbook consistently goes far beyond projection and into “accuse your enemies first to muddy the water” territory

16 Likes

Oh, I doubt that.

I don’t think he’d even take enough bids to figure out who the higher bidder is. He’d just sell them to the first-comer.

13 Likes

How dare you accuse me of treason for selling our nuclear program to Saudi Arabia when in the ultimate display of self-sacrifice and loyalty, I turned down a better offer from Putin.

23 Likes

He is a very petty and insecure man, so my guess is this is about the handshake thing and the kiss-kiss thing. Trying to find something that makes him feel superior to Macron in some way or other.

16 Likes

Or to the entity with the most attractive flattering representative.

4 Likes

The Office Pam GIF

16 Likes

As someone pointed out in another thread: Authoritarians are perfectly consistent. They believe they should be allowed to hurt you, and you should not be allowed to hurt them. The means and methods are secondary.

13 Likes

It’s being reported that some were stored in an unsecured (like, it had a padlock on it) storage room next to the pool. SCIF it was not. I suspect the idea that he put any thought beyond “valuable, mine” into it is refusing to recognize what he demonstrated over his 4 year disastrous term.

22 Likes

I wonder if he’s just going to say he unclassified them on his last day in office. Iirc the president does have the ability to declassify anything