Trump visits Silicon Valley for fundraiser, location a mystery even to donors

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/17/trump-visits-silicon-valley-fo.html

It’s Donald’s first time visiting Silicon Valley since 2016. Who’s going?

4 Likes
18 Likes

tumblr_pxdbojTMlr1tlzghao1_540

30 Likes

I know I’m stating the obvious here, but if you’re so widely loathed that you have to hold your fundraiser meetings in secret hidden locations with an anonymous host and shuttle people in under cover of dark so that nobody can see who they are… you might be the bad guy in this movie.

55 Likes

In boujie Atherton, I’m sure.

3 Likes

I’d assume it was a Peter Thiel swimming pool party.

What else would it be?

14 Likes

25 Likes

Don’t they have to publish restricted airspace notices in advance?

ETA: Indeed they did. On Friday: https://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_9_9702.html

Centered on 37º22’23"N, 122º06’51"W which is the intersection of Foothill Expressway and S San Antonio Rd. Don’t see anything there, though, so could just be a stand-in location.

ETAmore: Wait a second.

“Donald Trump is scheduled for a fundraiser tonight, Tuesday September 17, 2019.”

The times on this TFR are 10:15am to 4:00pm. That doesn’t make sense for a nighttime fundraiser. At this point I have no idea what’s going on.

9 Likes

Yeah, my first thought was that Thiel is the host and that it’s either at his home or Palantir.

I hope someone photographs and IDs every person who spends thousands of dollars to attend this event. There are usually surprises.

The Bay Area is known as a base for the far left in this country, but Silicon Valley isn’t in that mold.

As I just pointed out in the Stallman topic:

Given the right situation, the mix of big money and Libertarianism can easily over-ride dedication to science and social liberalism in SV.

4 Likes

Oh, he didn’t move to Libertarian Atlantis yet?

2 Likes

Even Democratic Presidential candidates usually only visit California for fundraising once they’ve locked up the nomination since the electoral college makes it pointless to spend much effort campaigning in a state that is all but assured to stay blue.

In that sense the Electoral College screws over Republicans too, because California has more Republican voters than any other single state but no Presidential candidate has any reason to cater to them.

4 Likes

Agent Orange is going to look great in his prison jumper, but those awful lights do nothing for his complexion.

Also, who gave Rob the day off? I mean REALLY! I used my “trumPP” color palette for this one.

Now I’d like to see him in the Joker makeup or maybe Juggalo?

6 Likes

I fully expect it to be a meeting in his new compound/lair in an underground volcano or similar. Maybe we’re at the part of the movie where he goes full supervillain.

3 Likes

With Epstein gone who’s catering the party?

5 Likes

Easy enough to find out the location…
https://youtu.be/26ctNtvyUow

3 Likes

Instead, they were told to arrive at a parking place in Palo Alto, from which they will be transported to the event.

couldn’t they just protest there? (hint hint)

2 Likes

The methodology of this reminds me a lot of several raves I went to circa 1991/92…

2 Likes

Ah, his 2016 visit. I remember it well. He was speaking a short distance away from the hotel was staying at for work. My hotel was full of his supporters. So was the elevator when I let one rip, then got off leaving them with my commentary.

He still got elected, so the empirical evidence is that farts are ineffective political tools.

19 Likes

I 'm having trouble saying that the Bay Area is a base for the far left with a straight face. It isn’t far left, it isn’t even the far left of capitalism.

Maybe it’s the far left of what political views are seen as acceptable by the media. The Californian Ideology fits with that, ideas that are no more than acceptably radical to capitalism.

7 Likes

It would be a darn shame if someone “accidentally” published more information about this fundraiser.

9 Likes