Trump visits Silicon Valley for fundraiser, location a mystery even to donors

66r5H5fxZhdPa

9 Likes

I went to a party in NYC once, maybe late 90’s, i guess you could call it a rave. A lot of young people were (maybe) living in what was essentially a gutted brownstone that was boarded up. and i mean gutted…nothing but beams. and dirt for the floor. They had a generator for lights and music and that was it. we brought our own booze. the method for getting in was something like this…we knocked…nothing. we knocked again, someone shouted fuck you go away. we were confused, checked the address and knocked again…nothing. knocked again, fuck you go away…hmm…knock knock…door opens…what? um…party? yeah, come on in. we didn’t stay long…it smelled really bad in there once all the very not showered people were dancing for awhile.

1 Like
9 Likes

Are you sure you weren’t just attending a performance of Rent?

5 Likes

The TFR is defined in terms of a radial from a VOR (in whole degrees) and a distance (to the nearest tenth of a (nautical) mile). I believe the actual location will be within maybe a mile of that intersection.

In any event, I’ll be paying attention to the actual location, just to learn whether the WH is willing to fuzz up the data, and to what extent. (The TFR is circle centered on that point. If they fuzz the location, they have, in effect, weakened the TFR by putting air traffic closer to the president.)

6 Likes

I think he should paint the windowless Long Lines building in NYC with Vantablack™ as a sort of Sith palace.

11 Likes

I think the days when there were non-bourgey parts of Palo Alto are gone

6 Likes

8 Likes

That’s a pretty residential area, but Los Altos is another very wealthy area so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a rich person there hosting a Trump fundraiser.

They’re not talking about Google or the local corporate newspapers, they’re talking about the people who would show up to protest Trump if they knew where he was. Compared to other places in the U.S. there are a lot of communists and other troublemakers in Northern California. It’s not a coincidence that the Black Panthers started there.

4 Likes

I’m looking at that area and it includes The Morgan Estate, which is absolutely bonkers. If they’ve got to be close to that spot they’ve got a slew of choices in those hills (although each looks like a logistical nightmare for the Secret Service- there’s so many trees!)

4 Likes

Now we know who stole that golden toilet.

2 Likes

The bad guy with a room full of rubes each of whom has given him $100,000. He really does not give a shit about being a good or bad guy. He really does care about the money.

3 Likes

Update:

4 Likes

The one thing I am reasonably sure of:

If he could gather any kind of crowd someplace, we’d hear about it. It wouldn’t be “a closely guarded secret”.

3 Likes

This doesn’t sound like the gather a crowd sort of thing. More the 12 people show up and hand you a couple million sort of thing. He pulls these sorts of things out by me, in the more insufferable end of the Hamptons. And its the sort of thing where 30 people attend at a private home, pay $200k to get in and hand over a personal check for the legal maximum personal donation and Trump gets to crow about record fund raising at the end of the month. I guarantee we’ll hear something about how big his war chest is inside of 2 weeks.

3 Likes

It’s to protect the public’s erroneous perceptions of their businesses that secrecy is necessary to the funders.

My biggest mystery is how he makes his mouth do that sneer thing without keeling over in self-loathing.

2 Likes

It’s the only way to be sure.

4 Likes

Perhaps. But, for better or worse (ok, fine; for worse and worser) he is the president. It doesn t seem unreasonable to expect he’d have found the time to take his kids for a taxpayer funded family and golf holiday to the economic enginehouse of the country at least once in the last three years.

3 Likes

It’s not like anyone here in CA is actually pining for that orange fucker to visit, for any reason; It was a pain in the ass every time Obama was in the local area, and he was actually well liked.

3 Likes