Trump volunteer tries to block reporter from photographing rally protestor

This is the Trump Administration’s cultural moment in one photograph. Stunning.

13 Likes

Deliberate obfuscation of objective reality. That’s it in a nutshell.

God forbid anyone should see the truth. Literally.

12 Likes

The probability of hush money?

7 Likes

He was just doing his part against that well-known Enemy of the People, Fake News.

1 Like

Clearly fake. All it takes is a photographer with two right hands.

2 Likes

Rule #1 of photography is “Don’t touch my lens!”

8 Likes

Christ, what an authoritarian asshole.

10 Likes

whoa whoa whoa. Don’t blame the whole state.

I desperately want this photo to go viral. It seems like the quintessence of the Traitor Trump administration: don’t believe the facts.

4 Likes

Gotta stop that fake news!

I’m pretty sure if LIFE magazine were still published, this would have made it into one of the hardbound collections.

5 Likes

The Newseum iin DC has a permanent showcase of winners:

http://www.newseum.org/exhibits/current/pulitzer-prize-photographs-gallery/

2 Likes

I’ve heard so much bullshit from the right about how people on the left are antifa and against free speech and yada yada yada. Here is a Trump person literally blocking a reporter from exercising freedom of the press. The hypocrisy seems endless.

5 Likes

Brain damage?

1 Like

Maybe it was one of those HIPAA deals.

1 Like

I’m surprised he’s not draped in a flag for extra irony

5 Likes

Or just wrap his hand around the volunteer’s side and give him a little tickle up and down his abdomen. Who cares about consent. When you’re famous they let you do it.

2 Likes

Or a little lower…?

(not truly advocating for that, but seems worth mentioning a quote that’s been attributed to a conservative democrat, Teddy Roosevelt, Richard Nixon and John Wayne)

A light knee or kick to the back of the bible thumper’s knee would take his mind off the camera pretty quickly as he went down like a rock. “Officer, he was trying to steal my camera!”

1 Like

Actually, I do. I lived in Indiana, the home of the John Birch society, the KKK, and other assorted white folk who were racists from learning it on their Daddy’s knee as they grew up. My family moved there in 1964 and there was a large (billboard sized) sign on the town limits stating “All negroes will be out of town by sundown, by order of the Sheriff.” And it stayed up until 1968 (3 years after the Civil Rights Act was put into law) The first black family to live in that lovely town, had their house catch on fire mysteriously within a month of moving in.
Oh, I know Indiana quite well.
I will concede, not all, but a very large majority.

2 Likes