Trump vs leaks: Spicer's staff forced to undergo "phone searches" and delete privacy apps

The Bush Administration did the rnc email server thing as well.

Something like 2 million emails including the run-up to the iraq war were never found.

7 Likes

If anyone in this day and age, from pope to pauper, thinks they can control communications, they’ve got a seriously-rude awakening coming.

1 Like

Anyone want to work for this guy?

4 Likes

Why not. He’s already taking credit for other job creation that had nothing to do with him.

8 Likes

Can I have extra judicial powers, and complete immunity about making spicer/McCarthy jokes to Spicer’s face? If the answer is yes, I’m in.

6 Likes

And why in the name of Eris would they need an app, anyway, when you can’t kick a trash bin in the ten miles around the White House without finding at least three journalists looking for informers?

7 Likes

Ditto?

3 Likes

3 Likes

Work for him? I don’t even want to get into the same time zone as that petty fucker.

4 Likes

This is the same guy who tweeted his password out several times, isn’t it?

10 Likes

It’d be fun. I wish I could wax poetically about a few stories… But that will have to wait till I’m retired in Fiji.

(I stand up to bullies, cretins, and… Other things)

5 Likes

When all along they’ve just been listening in on his insecure phone mic.

11 Likes

Theory: Leaks aren’t actually coming from Whitehouse staff. Trump just leaves the red phone on speakerphone because press briefings always catch him in the middle of a game of “YOU hang up first *giggle*” “No YOU hang up first *giggle*” with Putin.

*sigh* Poor decisions due to fresh romances, we’ve all been there. Go easy on the lovebirds.

8 Likes

I would say that that king of policy is a recipe for terrible security against, say, other state actors, but considering that Trump talks about secret national security reports at his country club, and Spicer regularly tweets his own password, that ship has already sailed, arrived at the far port of Tranquebar, and returned laden with a king’s ransom in spices.

6 Likes

Or maybe that was the plan all along. Bananas just got back from CPAC where he told everyone his goal was the “deconstruction of the administrative state.” Assuming that was a malapropism and that he didn’t really mean a critical analysis of the government, then leaving all of those department posts unfilled makes perfect sense. He wants to destroy the government.

When Trump said “drain the swamp” he didn’t mean clear out the lobbyists and corporate influence, he meant the civil servants. The people who actually make government work. Cutting off the head and leaving the rest to die on the vine is a strategy to kill off all the functional parts of government while nobody is looking. It doesn’t require any new laws or new executive orders, Just malignant neglect.

11 Likes

Trust me friend, if they’re diehard trumpsters they’ll just dig in further. Least if my family is anything to go by.

That said I would like to see this. Y’know, because hypocracy amuses me.

He certainly has a Zaphod-like quality, to be sure. I think we are well acquainted with his other head…

2 Likes

It’s not a malaprop. It’s clear from the context that he literally wants to destroy the government.

3 Likes

Take Your Pick

Its actually not hypocrisy. Trump is not a hypocrite. Hypocrisy requires the hypocrite to believe in the principle, just that they are an exception because reasons. Trump doesn’t believe in any of the principles that he accuses his opponents of violating. He’s just driving trollies — grasping at whatever is convenient that he thinks will make them look bad. But he literally could not give a shit about the principle, only the perception.

1 Like

I’ve wondered about that. Surely, without these positions being filled, the civil servants that have no new bosses would just continue in the direction set by the last administration - and without the new heads, there would be a gap in the chain of command, so the current administration would have no way to convey new directions to them, at least in terms of concrete policy. So while it would create some chaos, it would also create an air gap that insulated some of these organizations from the chaos of the White House…

1 Like