Trump warns US that Republicans will not vote unless his dumb election fraud claim is "solved"

He can’t run in 2024.

The 22nd amendment to the Constitution says “No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice.” Trump was elected in 2016 and claims he was elected in 2020.

61 Likes

Valid point. When he submits his name for the Republican nominee, they need to ask him, “You were elected president in 2016. Were you also elected president in 2020? Yes? I’m sorry, you cannot be added to the ballot.”

34 Likes

Why is this headed " Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America" ?
Oh, hang on. I get it now.

4 Likes

They would only object if they cared. They don’t.

8 Likes

Rules are only valid if they result in Trump winning. Any rule which results in Trump not winning is void. Just ask him.

14 Likes

I’m go’n hit the home bar & pack the bong, good days ahead!

giphy

18 Likes

Yep, it was rampant, all right, what with the voter roll purges, gerrymandering, poll locations being removed, etc. Election Fraud was certainly attempted, but Biden won anyway.

There are bills in Congress that will fix some of those issues, so apparently he is on board with the passage of those bills.

So he admits to cheating. That’s a first.

Hopefully because they [and you] are in prison…

What is?
Not voting?
Passing the Voting Rights bills?
That’s two things, Sparky.
/s

This is just another one of his Purity Tests: ‘Anyone not screaming about the Stolen Election isn’t loyal enough.’
He also wants to make sure enough bogus laws are in place, so future elections can be easily overturned, even if the votes aren’t sufficiently supressed.

The Coup continues…

21 Likes

40 Likes

Savage.

12 Likes

Ohhhh… I like that logic!
-or-
He’s still actually the president and Biden is just the shadow president until the awakening or whatever. Either way,

10 Likes

Gods, I wish Trump would warn people away from voting, but this is an empty threat, intended to have the opposite effect, more or less - to force the Republicans, as a whole, to more fully embrace the Big Lie (or he’ll screw up their elections).

Yep. And the Republicans will trip over themselves to fall in line, do more voter suppression, and Trump won’t make good on his threat.

I.e. solve the Republican’s how to commit fraud problem. There was not enough fraud to keep Trump in office, and that was a definite problem for him.

19 Likes

9 Likes

Also, remember when the Democrats subsequently shot themselves in the foot so they didn’t actually have to do anything, and are now beholden to two blatantly corrupt “moderates” among them? Good times!

7 Likes

I assume that ■■■■■ is a running gag rather than a serious attempt at limiting our vocabulary.

I like the way you think.

@MerelyGifted Even from beyond this mortal coil, Tardar Sauce looks on us with magnificent disdain and judges us all.

Edited to add accusative and dative of “we”.

5 Likes

caitlin-doughty-■■■■■ ???

19 Likes

Thug mentality. Do what I say or I destroy it all. If he can’t win an election, and can’t cheat, violence is all that’s left.

11 Likes

22 Likes

I think his threat is still scary in the sense that the alternative that his followers and adjacents will take is likely more direct violence to get power. I won’t argue the efficacy of that decision because honestly I doubt it’ll get much traction but it can lead to more violence in the near term and likely more in the long term. So I rather these clowns participate in the election process to avoid these dorks deciding to light up the post office or a Unitarian church in the “big ol’ city.”

20 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

That is a real problem. The question is how many are willing to fight rather than to commit random acts of violence. An active battle against, say, the US military, is a entirely different proposition than an act of terrorism. It takes actual fortitude, which few of these people actually have. They want to accolades of having fought for their grand cause as oppose to actually doing any sort of fighting against their fellow Americans.

That’s likely the case, I’m afraid.

23 Likes

It’s literally impossible to “solve” a problem THAT DOES NOT EXIST.

5 Likes