Trump warns US that Republicans will not vote unless his dumb election fraud claim is "solved"

Too bad you can’t logic your way out. He was already saying he could run for a third term because impeachment was such a distraction that his first term didn’t count…or some such nonsense.

12 Likes

That has it’s risks too. If Trump lost even when he won because the system is rigged against Republicans, why should they bother to vote next time? Embracing the Big Lie implies elections are just a waste of time. Good if you plan a coup and are certain you can win it, bad if your plan is winning the next election.

8 Likes

Exactly. It’s not like Tromp has demonstrated any respect for rules and laws and such.

12 Likes

Likely to be more effective than violence are the renewed efforts to justify ignoring election results as “fraudulent” so that the GOP can justify ignoring them. They are busily trying to intimidate and or replace officials that refused to parrot Trump’s lies and are also trying to change laws to allow state legislatures to override and “wrong” election results.

8 Likes

I think you have to read into it his implied threat: Republicans will not be voting in '22 or '24 [instead they will use other means to take power].

The emphasis is on the word “voting”.

11 Likes

37 Likes

he doesn’t really want to win. He just wants all their money.

13 Likes

Probably because “■■■■■” is not a sexist pejorative? :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

14 Likes

Oh, cool. Where’s the document? You know, the one that details the various incidents, the people involved, the no. of ballots affected, methods employed, documentary evidence, witness statements, video, etc. If it’s thoroughly documented, then please let us see the very thorough document.

Everyone needs to remember that Trump claimed he was being cheated during the 2016 Republican primary, claimed Democrats would cheat ahead of the 2016 election, claimed millions of illegal votes to explain his popular vote loss after he WON in 2016 and is now claiming he won by a “landslide” in 2020 and that his is the victim of the “crime of the century.” If he doesn’t get his way, he’s not only going to take his voters and go home, he’s going to burn down the playground, too. Some of his followers may riot and/or shoot up the playground as well. It won’t be his fault, of course, but in his mind we will have gotten what we deserve.

6 Likes

It’s not his logic (or lack thereof) that matters. It’s the elections officials who decide theses things. Oh, and who has he been shitting on for the past year, even in GOP-led states? Right - election officials.

7 Likes

Dude. America’s just not that into you.

22 Likes

…nor th’ rest of th’ world.

19 Likes

Trump swears up and down he’s already “won” two presidential elections. Does he realize that he cannot then be “elected” a third time? To run in 2024, he’ll be forced to admit that he lost 2020.

6 Likes

Unfortunately part of this is that Republicans, by adopting this position, are steered into passing anti-voter laws to “correct the problem.” And “the system is rigged against us, we all have to get out to vote to overcome it” can be a motivator. (Just not enough to overcome actual rigging of the system - the Democrats arguing that we need to “out-organize voter suppression” enrage me.)

9 Likes

4 Likes

He was making excuses for not winning in '16.

4 Likes

Not all Republicans are as stupid as Trump.

Assume they’ll vote, and do all you can to get national voting rights laws passed, to get as many Democrats to the polls as possible, to fund legal fights, etc.

14 Likes

I truly fear civil war after the next election if he loses and a ruined country that is no longer a major factor on the world stage if he wins.

I fervently hope nature takes its course due to his age and weight and eating habits and removes him from play.

Senility would be just about as good. His “people” do not handle handicaps at all well and to have him p*** himself during a rambling incoherent (more than usual) speech might cost him a lot of followers.

Not sure what would come after, I do not hope for a return to sanity from that end of things but I think the infighting over the spoils of the party would fragment it enough for us to be relatively safe for a time.

4 Likes

There’s a lot more to this than just pwning the libs. Believe me, that’s exactly what they’re doing every time a leftist goes, “good.”

This isn’t an attempt to suppress their own vote—it’s an attempt to lay the groundwork for the thousand-year reich. And it certainly isn’t a message to Republicans. This is meant to land squarely in your Democrat ears, my good friends.

What’s going on here is an insinuation that—once Republicans start winning offices again—voter fraud will be fixed once and for all (unless a Dem wins again… then it’s back to the drawing board until the vote truly is fixed once and for all.)

This is a shot across the bow for every man, woman, and other gender who loves Democracy. This is them saying the Great Reset is upon us. I, for one, will remain on alert, and will be doubly more concerned when Glen Youngkin wins Virginia (that will be the first volley in the overthrow IMHO.)

2 Likes