Trump was slapped with "weird" label back in 2006, while lusting over daughter Ivanka (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/08/02/trump-was-slapped-with-weird-label-back-in-2006-while-lusting-over-daughter-ivanka-video.html

2 Likes

Creeper; CREEPER!

16 Likes

“ Of course “creepy” or “dangerous” or “perverted” would be more suitable terms,”

I wonder if they would be as effective as “weird” has turned out to be. The other terms are certainly more suitable but weird seems to land a hit at the moment.

11 Likes

I saw this years ago and it is by far the weirdest, most disturbing thing he has said, IMO.

6 Likes

Obligatory additional ‘blast from the past’:

18 Likes

George W. Bush, after attending Trump’s inauguration in 2016, stated “That was some weird shit.”

8 Likes

Trump so weird

trump hugging flag GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

I think it’s been said in these parts that at least part of the power of ‘weird’ is in its flexibility.

1. They can’t pick it up and throw it back, because for the people using it as an insult against them, it’s a good thing.
  2. It’s polysemantic: the ‘weird’ we’re calling them is not the same ‘weird’ as the ‘weird’ we ourselves wear proudly. There’s good weird and bad weird and context makes it clear which is which.
  3. When they hear it applied to them, it doesn’t matter which meaning they understand it to be, because they’re clearly ok with being creepy bad weird. Some of them are proud of it, the rest are ok standing beside it. They have a problem with being called that, because the worst thing they can think of being is the sort of weird that they keep calling us, and we own (see point 1).

They know what we mean when we call them weird, and the semantics mean they can’t ‘I’m rubber and you’re glue’ it.

Oh god, it literally just struck me now why they hate it: their usual trick of projection doesn’t work on it. Their usual trick of accusing their opponents of what they’re guilty of doesn’t work with weird, because they can’t stand it, and we’re proud of it.

Calling them weird is the worst thing we can accuse them of. Us being called weird is being threatened with a good time.

Their only rhetorical trick is broken, and they don’t have anything else except naked blatant fascism.

17 Likes

Facts.

14 Likes

I think incestuous pedophile is the phrase we’re looking for. Sexual predator also works.

2 Likes

… The ‘weird’ thing is both epically Shakespearean, and deliciously understated. I mean this in the best possible way. Kamala Harris is meangirling a would-be dictator — his characterisation, not mine.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.