Trump weak and tired at public appearances

True. And I’m no more immune to it than anyone. I just feel that thirty years of right wing media pundits and politicians doing it has dragged us down to their slimy level. Rush, Hannity, Newt, Christie, Breitbart… do we really want to be click bait jokes like them? There’s no easy answer, if the left doesn’t respond it risks their lies becoming the dominant narrative because the media simply repeats them without outing them for what they are. I think we’re finally, maybe starting to see the old school media returning to journalistic integrity with what the Washington Post has been bringing to this campaign, and I hope to see more media respond, but people get their news from online and video clips and that form of journalism is bereft of any reasonable attempt to hold themselves to a higher standard.

I don’t think MSNBC is the right response to FOX News, or twisting the truth to attack the right serves the left well. It only gives ammunition to the lies they’ve been telling for decades, the ones that go “the left lies to you all the time.” Now they can say “see, we told you.”

Like I said… no easy answers. So I’ll go watch the Mr. Rogers lifetime achievement award speech again to cleanse me of how dirty I feel.

9 Likes

You look tired. worn out. I detect the pallor of self-abuse.
Ah, the sorrows of spent semen. Boys - or girls in your case.

Something New Which No Motorist Should Be Without. We offer you the SELF-GRIP WENCH.

( source http://everything2.com/title/Funny+Ha+Ha+and+Funny+Peculiar )

1 Like

Like after eating Taco Bell?

1 Like

The come-down is physically painful because the high makes you constantly tense and flex your muscles. If you aren’t exercising enough you end up spending most of the time cramping and ticking, then the pain happens when you come down and can relax again.

3 Likes

So absolutely like the day after Taco Bell.

9 Likes

Very low energy. SAD!

3 Likes

Fatigue, depression, restless malaise. A hangover because of course you drank a lot, and sore lungs because of course you smoked an entire pack of cigarettes.

I used to have a dealer who included a couple of free valium with each purchase, to help with the comedown. That was really thoughtful! Doesn’t seem to be a common practice.

3 Likes

Not exactly. These videos show Trump looking tired, but nobody’s suggesting that he has Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s or whatever people actually believed Clinton had. Hopefully nobody reading this thread believes Trump has a serious illness without any proof. This is more like wishful thinking that Trump’s campaign will fall apart post Pussygate. Ideally, Clinton would be crushing Trump in her own right, but a Trump implosion would feel pretty damn satisfying.

6 Likes

4 Likes

I wouldn’t use the glue made from his hoofs to fix my outhouse seat

5 Likes

More liberal media LIES.

Does THIS look weak and tired to you? He is, how do the kids say it, on fleek!

Oh, wait, my bad, that is a different clown who does cocaine.

8 Likes

From your link:

“For young African American and Latino men, Trump has a clear and ominous message: You must be guilty of something. Not even scientific proof can convince him otherwise,” Robinson wrote. “If that is not racism, the word has no meaning.”

Chillingly accurate.

21 Likes

If there was a limit on how many threads they could post in a day, or how many responses we could post per thread, your argument would have a lot of merit.

But that’s not the case.

You can choose to stick with only those threads which stem from facts-only political information. Go to the main page of BB and see if there are any pieces you’d like to comment on that haven’t had a thread started yet, and start one. Or find all the going threads here on the BBS that fit your criteria.

A lot of us like to post in multiple threads, from a variety of angles. Humor and sarcasm are essential for a lot of us, especially to get through this particular election season. So, here we are in this thread TOO.

10 Likes

A bush in the hand…

6 Likes

I really need Trump to live for another month or so.

He has a job to do, and I need him to do it. His party is sick, and has been for 50 years - he needs to run it into the ground hard. I don’t want him dying of heart failure and letting them off the hook.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing.

Adding “appears” changes nothing, because the headline is merely describing his manner at the events in question, not speculating about his general state of health. Adding “…much like most of America…”, on the other hand, is editorializing without offering proof. One could just as easily say “Most of America is energized by the threat of a Trump presidency”, which would also be nothing but speculation.

As for the tone here, the greatest fear of nasty bullies like Trump is mockery, so it’s the best weapon against them. We’d be foolish to give it up. Basically anything we could possibly say would be the high road by Trump’s standards.[quote=“Apoptosis, post:28, topic:87262”]
I only ask Boing Boing own up to posting their political narrative over factual content.
[/quote]
You really should put /irony after that.

7 Likes

Ya, then the Dems can just come out as the rightwing party, since they’re already there policy wise, and all the former Republicans could flock to it. How nice it would be to then have an actual leftwing party arise to replace the Dems.

10 Likes

There are so many things I’d like - reforms to the voting system to make it easier to get away from a two party system, a more serious left wing party, hell - even a serious conservative party that doesn’t believe tax cuts are magic and which actually backs smaller government. . .

But at this point, it’d be a pretty major step forward if we could just get to the point where neither major party is courting racists

7 Likes