Trump weak and tired at public appearances

I’m weak and tired just reading about all of this stuff.

6 Likes

Low energy. Sad.

4 Likes

Not tired enough: his lips are still moving.

10 Likes

It is hard to know what to do here when the Trump side is being so extreme. However, I suggest there is a possible middle path…

A week or so ago Trump declared himself to be an evangelical Christian. Some pastor wrote in countering this allegation. People in this website questioned the right of this pastor to say who was and who was not an evangelical Christian. However fair this may be, Trump’s allegation needed to be countered or in the eyes of many he will be an evangelical Christian.

In this case, Trump and his faction have repeatedly alleged that Hilary had this or that health problems without being required to produce evidence. Trump has twice turned up to debates with an attack of the snuffles that suggests he is coked up to the eyeballs, as well as under-prepared. Are we allowed to infer he is not up to par if we are not his doctor, just from a couple of video clips? Normally no, but but in the light of previous attacks, a sense of balance is restored by voicing doubts as to Trump’s health, or whatever, backed by what evidence we are likely to get.

What is fair, here? If we reply to each Trump attack with a full, evidence-based reply or nothing then we lose. If we reply promptly with the best evidence to hand, we shall be at a permanent disadvantage, but if we are to play fair, we can perhaps live with that. But this contest is sharply time-bounded, and attention-span limited: if we do not reply in good time then Trump wins.

This may not be nice, but it is a lot better than ‘all’s fair in love and war’.

3 Likes

No. Stop with these cheap shots!
Clearly his fingers are too short.

2 Likes

A gentle pat, perhaps?

1 Like
1 Like

Me too… need a hug?

9 Likes

Welcome to the site, Apoptosis!

This video is why I consider this poking at Trump’s “weak and tired” appearance fair game:

If you can’t watch the video, Trump exclaims, “she’s supposed to fight all of these different things, and she can’t make it 15 feet to her car.” before wobbling his whole body around, mouth agape and then walking around the stage while slumped over. He has also made it a point to say how Clinton lacks stamina. Christ on a pogo stick.

When I had pneumonia last year it knocked me on my ass with a 105F fever; I was out of commission for nearly a month. I can’t imagine being in my 60s, having pneumonia, all while touring the country for a fucking presidential campaign. That just blows my mind.

The key here will be if the Clinton campaign jumps on this to attack Trump, which while it would be perfectly reasonable to do so, it would still be a low blow and I hope they don’t do this.

12 Likes

Obama said “52” or “57” states when he was exhausted on the campaign trail and ever since then the mouth breathers have been citing that as Exhibit A of his unfitness for President. “November 28th” WILL be Trump’s undoing among the faithful, right?

6 Likes

Errata:

My last post may have seemed to assume that BoingBoing is on the other side to Trump. While this may be on average the case, I do not attempt to exclude any Trump supporters we may have. If they are any out there, it would help if they could clarify statements such as “She (Hilary Clinton) is a lying, manipulative, narcissistic woman who deserves nothing except to be put in jail for life”. Without context, it is hard to give a reasoned response to stuff like this.

1 Like

To add to your point: I stopped my Vyvanse, no tapering. Three days later, I felt like I’d dropped about ten IQ points and came across as a blunted zombie to everyone around me. Made me wonder at the time if this is what an antipsychotic feels like.

Put Trump on valproate and risperidone and he’d come across like a boardroom benchwarmer, albeit still a narcissistic one.

2 Likes

And you thought the best way to start your journey of civil discourse in your long time favourite blog was to call for fairer treatment of Donald Trump as regards his health and stamina on the campaign?

Welcome to Boing Boing, and you blew your entrance. I hope you can pick it up from here.

2 Likes

Yeah, I stopped concerta (time-release ritalin) about a year ago. I was tired and felt very slow and just… dumb for at least six months. Granted I’d been taking the stuff for over ten years.

I really hope longitudinal research will produce results supporting the claim of long-term safety of daily, low-dose amphetamine/methylphenidate for executive dysfunction. I hope because I’m terrified of the implications if we instead learn that we’ve effectively been permanently downregulating the dopamine receptors of a subset of an entire generation.

1 Like

I’ve switched over to modafinil. It has all the therapeutic properties of traditional stimulants, but doesn’t wire you up or make you fiend for more.

The USAF has stopped using amphetamine in favor of modafinil already.

1 Like

How about

Like most of America, even Donald is getting tired of his campaign

7 Likes

Are they still using—wait, what were they using for the “no-go” pill?

[googles]

Ah. Temazepam. Yeah, that should do it.

I haven’t heard of a “no-go” pill… Is that an antidiuretic?

They’ve always had a stable of ‘go’ and ‘no-go’ pills. Didn’t know they’d switched out dextro for modafinil, though. Excellent medical decision, that.

2 Likes