Trump weasels out of an Iowa stop with an obvious lie — and it's mocked by Biden Truth Social post (video)

Originally published at: Trump weasels out of an Iowa stop with an obvious lie — and it's mocked by Biden Truth Social post (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I don’t know how long Truth Social is going to keep allowing Dark Brandon to tr0ll the tr0lls, but until they inevitably betray their claim of freeze peach absolutism this will continue to be comedy gold.

35 Likes

Whomever is running Biden’s social media campaign is genius. He may be an old man with some very centrist, even right-wing views, but he’s smart enough to hire competent people.

30 Likes

:+1:

25 Likes

Habitual liars like Cheesy are a trip. The lies tumble out so easily, and he does not even realize (or is too arrogant to care) that he is contradicting his previous lies in real time, in front of the entire world. Every time i hear the words “Truth Social” i chuckle a little.

10 Likes

More like, “Lies Antisocial”, amarite?

12 Likes

Toward the end of Trump’s accursed presidency, Wayne Barrett observed that he “…says whatever he thinks will get him through the next 10 minutes.” There is no overall narrative. There is no apparent recognition of what he previously said.

The cycle time is getting shorter.

36 Likes

Signs that imminent failure is close to happening, maybe?

19 Likes

I recently read an article by someone who listened to some of his more recent speeches. The cycle is definitely getting shorter, with less than a minute before he shifts from one topic to a totally unrelated one. It’s grifter stream-of-consciousness.

23 Likes

The brain-worms are almost out of food.

25 Likes

Poor things have been on starvation rations for years…

18 Likes

You beat me to it.

15 Likes

Historically this is true, but his actual presidency has been pretty radically progressive. If not in speech, in substance. And that’s without a strong caucus in either house.

19 Likes

I don’t know about “radically” progressive, but it has been far more progressive than I ever expected!

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

20 Likes

Biden feels his personal clock ticking; it happens to most people when they pass a certain threshold of years and become acutely aware of their mortality. He’s in a position to do what he wants for the American people from his heart and religious faith because he can do it without fear of consequences.
When building his political career he had to make compromises. He’s finally rolling back all those compromises to do what he thinks is right IMO.

19 Likes

Not really, it has been plain old reformist, but after the Republicans moving the centre to right of Reagan I can understand how it feels like it is radical.

16 Likes

I like to say that he has no object permanence. The strange thing is the MAGATs just don’t CARE. They don’t care that he is a self-serving liar. They don’t care that he is stupid. They don’t care that he is an obvious grifter. At some level, they think that is true of ALL politicians, so they might as well follow a guy that hates the same things that they do.

16 Likes

Unless, arguendo, we assume that the MAGATs are all self-loathing, they don’t hate ALL the same things. His scorn and distaste for almost EVERYTHING to do with his base (aside from the $$$ they insist on throwing at him) is possibly the most amazing thing about that relationship.

6 Likes

They know this, and don’t care.

All they really care about is whether he “hurts the people he is supposed to be hurting,” and giving them “permission” to fly their gate flag high.

7 Likes

I mean, as an American, I am all for reformism. We have a lot of issues here, but they are also 100% fixable within the allowances of the Constitution. If we are to stay united as a nation, and I am of the belief that we owe it to the marginalized people in places like Texas to uphold that unity, the Constitution as a living, adaptable document does a great job at addressing our diverse needs, unique history and aspirations for a more just society. But you’re right, the window has shifted so far right that even a taste of progress seems radical. I’m cautiously optimistic that the regressives have gotten so far out over their skis that we see a generational shift and an upcoming era of true progressive spirit. You can see it if you squint at the kids just right.

That, or it all falls apart next year and we lose everything gained over the past 247 years.

8 Likes