Trump welcomes Russian military into U.S.A

If you can use internationally televised debates as a discourse you have direct contact.

12 Likes

Present your evidence that it’s specifically better off because of what trump has done overall.

8 Likes

But logically I don’t think the Russians needed direction from Trump to do their job. Their interests aligned, but it’s not like Trump was calling the shots.

All Russia needed was a nationalist to win the election to damage the US’s relationships with their allies. This leaves a power vacuum at the worldwide level and reduces pushback against Russians actions across the globe.

5 Likes

Can you imagine how Trump would blow his stack if some political candidate were to “encourage” China to release the unredacted Mueller report and/or Trump’s tax returns?

…

Please someone encourage China to do that.

8 Likes

OK, how about this:

Trump’s tax cuts caused my tax refund to be smaller. And not just mine either, a huge number of Americans got smaller tax refunds this year.

The economy was doing great before Trump took office-- in fact he dismissed the economic numbers under Obama, then immediately touted them as his doing within months of taking office, before he’d passed any legislation.

Economists are now predicting a recession by 2021.

14 Likes

Also McConnell stole him 2 judges who don’t follow jurisprudence and are frankly terrible judges.

8 Likes

snl-stefon-laugh-cry|nullxnull

15 Likes

Well, it’s better for white people who want to say racist or sexist things, I guess… or for people who enjoy seeing concentration camps on our southern border… or for homophobes… etc… you know… REAL Americans! /s

22 Likes

Democrats are not pushing for war with Russia, but it’s hardly nationalist fearmongering to believe the overwhelming evidence that Russia has been actively meddling in our elections and our current President seems more than cool with it.

12 Likes

tenor

13 Likes

Uhhh. . . do you even know what “ad hominem” means?

The idea that Russia is A-OK, and Putin is a great guy are Trump’s actual positions. Trump has indeed sold lots of real estate to Russian oligarchs, in some cases at inflated prices for property nobody else wanted. These are not ad hominem, they’re substantive.

Seriously, are you joking?

14 Likes

I certainly don’t want to speak for Democrats, but for me this isn’t really about Russia. Could be any other country that handed us Trump and I would be equally pissed. France, Canada, whatever. Russia just happens to be the country that meddled in our affairs, hence why they are such a topic of derision lately. I wouldn’t read too much into it beyond that.

3 Likes

I know you were being sarcastic, but it probably isn’t even better for most of them. Maternal morality is going up, longevity going down, inequality up, happiness down. It’s just worse for everyone.

What it’s really about is the panel where they are bribing Trump $2.6M and mentioning it is remarkably cheap.

8 Likes

Also, speaking as an European, they’ve hardly restricted their meddling to the US. Russians tried to screw with the French presidential election, they may have been involved in the Brexit campaign, and they certainly have been giving money to all sorts of anti-EU far-right parties across Europe. (And then faking righteous indignation over right-wingers in Ukraine.)

Thing is, Putin’s Russia is neither benevolent, by any stretch of imagination, or non-interfering. Beyond doing things like invading Georgia or stealing Crimea and supporting the “separatists” in eastern Ukraine, they’re a bad actor on the international stage, and if you think that anyone criticizing Russia is acting from nationalist American reasons, you’re sorely mistaken.

11 Likes

Yep, totally agreed. But they are sticking it to the brown people, so why should they care about their own health and well being… /s

4 Likes

Not to mention that this strip is really a condemnation of Trump more than a condemnation of Russia anyway.

Evil bastards like Putin are gonna do evil bastardly things. It’s our President’s job to look out for our nation’s interests when they do so, not to side with the evil bastards over their own intelligence agencies.

6 Likes

Is it about nationalism, or is it about corruption? Trump has taken lots of money from well-connected Putin cronies, and then touts a very pro-Russian policy (in fact it was the only change his campaign made to the RNC platfiorm), it just happens to be our famous cold war nemesis, but it could have been any country with the money and will to try it.

I think this is more about pointing out how the jingoistic nature of the right, talking about Obama being a dictator for example, is projecting on their part. There have been multiple examples in recent years of conservatives showing disgust with the very idea of democracy, probably because they realize they are losing their aging electorate, and losing the larger debate.

7 Likes

I am sure that he must have laughed it off…

5 Likes

Pentagon launches cyber-warfare attacks on Russian power grid, and the White House suddenly goes dark. Hmm. That’s strange.

4 Likes

Both series available on Netflix (at least in the UK). Watch it. It’s good.

2 Likes