Trump welcomes Russian military into U.S.A

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/19/trump-welcomes-russian-militar.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH President Trump welcomes the Russian military into the USA, in what some critics are calling an “invasion.”

8 Likes

tumblr_pswuuqT9zR1rhs4ze_540

23 Likes

All I can think is: this is only a joke at the current moment…

41 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure I find any humor in it because it’s too close to reality right down to his base supporting putin.

19 Likes

If you don’t think America is better off with Trump as president, you are not using logic and data to drive your thinking, but relying on emotion. I respect other opinions and disagreement, but good satire would at least have some grounds in reality. This is just silly ad hominem bashing…

Are you really saying trump has made us a better country? I’m probably misreading your post but…

24 Likes

What?

Are you claiming America is better off with Trump, or am I just badly misreading you?

27 Likes
4 Likes

If you think Trump’s supporters are not using emotion to drive their thinking, you’re sadly deluded.

30 Likes

Using logic and data (and without relying on emotion), can you show that America is better off with Trump?

Show your work.

29 Likes

I remember when these comics were funny and not just angry.

4 Likes

I remember when the US had an intelligent and well-spoken president who thought deeply about the problems the country if facing. I didn’t agree with him on many things, but at least I believe he sincerely wanted to do a good job.

28 Likes

logic and data shows that trump likes ad hominem bashing, in fact its one of his most frequent modes. Yet you criticize a comic strip for this. Ad hominem bashing seems appropriate in a comic strip and inappropriate in a president. Are you sure you don’t have it backwards.

29 Likes

Here, use one of mine, you dropped yours.

/S

26 Likes

Hell, it’s not even “ad hominem” - we literally have a “president” who publicly claims to trust the leader of a hostile power above his own intelligence services, and puts the interests of that country above his own, and is essentially treated by his own military as an agent of that power because of his tendency to give them the most sensitive classified information…

30 Likes
23 Likes

Plus, and “ad hominem” is a faulty argument that relies on insulting a person to avoid dealing with their argument. If the point you are making is that the person is an asshole, then calling them an asshole is not “ad hominem” it’s your conclusion.

Most people who say “ad hominem” are just trying to dress up “I don’t like it when you call me/Trump names” in latin to make it sound fancy.

Yeah, the idea that Trump’s support would only go down 2% sounds way too true to me.

32 Likes

Do Democrats really buy this nationalistic anti-Russia stuff, or is the theory that Trump can be defeated by cynically out-jingoing the right?

When “re-education camps” are referenced, is this because they actually don’t see a difference between cold-war USSR and the modern Russian state, or just that they think red staters will go against Trump if we call Russia “communist”?

“The economy ('s numbers, not the individuals involved) is doing well (and we’re going to ignore that these indicators are just continuing trends that started with President Obama).”

That’d be my guess.

8 Likes

The re-education camps are a reference to the Chinese Uyghurs concentration camps.

Personally I believe that propaganda from the Russians gave Trump the edge he needed to win the election. I don’t think Trump had much direct contact with them, because they didn’t need it. Stirring up right wing nationalism to influence public opinion and sway votes is something the Russian government has extensive experience with.

6 Likes