Trump, who is stupid, falsely calls Biden 'stupid'

“Ignorance“ implies a lack of information. Trump has better access to information than almost anyone in the planet, he just appears incapable of absorbing it.

Take the “what’s the ‘19’ in Covid-19 for anyway?” comments. There is no possible way he hasn’t heard the answer to that question many times. So either he’s incapable of learning or is working very hard to appear that way.

14 Likes

Caligulaughingstock: tough to read, fun to say.

4 Likes

There are so many layers of hypocrisy here that it’s hard to unpack it all. Calling Biden antivax is rich because a substantial portion of Trump’s base is exactly that. All the Gadsden-flag-waving types are, in general, at least suspicious of vaccination if not opposed to it.

This has reached such a level that medical professionals are expressing genuine concern that when we get a vaccine, we may have trouble getting enough people to take it. Trump has done so much to undermine science, and dismantle the FDA and the CDC that distrust of institutions of expertise is at record highs.

7 Likes

Maybe incapable. Certainly unwilling.

9 Likes

strict definition: lack of knowledge or information.

That is him to a tee. It says nothign about “why” he is ignorant or if it can or cannot be remedied (@Mindysan33).

I think he is also stupid, idiotic, depraved, selfish, narcissitic, racist, homophobic, and a host of other descriptive words. I just think ignorant really is the best one. :wink:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say he lacks those things when part of his daily routine is called “the daily intelligence briefing.” They just don’t make their way inside his noggin.

5 Likes

we are literally disagreeing on minutia. He still lacks the knowledge and information; regardless of it being provided to him. He is ignorant, those around him are not.

Let’s agree he IS ignorant AND stupid (or stupid and ignorant if you feel the need to have top billing).

3 Likes

I feel like this is kinda unfair to Fanta. Sure it has been created during WW2 in Nazigermany, but its still a fairly okayish soda.

2 Likes

“Puppet? No puppet. You’re the puppet.”
“Stupid? No, you’re stupid…”
hmmm.

off topic:

ok, but Orange Crush [edit: Sunkist Orange Soda has caffeine. Thanks, @ChuckV] has caffeine. I likes that!
and further from topic: I just discovered I can get Irn Bru at my local Publix. What a wonderful world!

2 Likes

Could you imagine Trump ever going on Celebrity Jeopardy? I know the celebrity version of the game show is low hanging fruit already, but Trump appearing on it would be an amazing train wreck of arguments and hissy fits and accusations.

5 Likes

I like to think that Connery would show up if that’s what it took to make it happen.

Actually, hell, get Biden and Connery up there with him, and we’ll have something waaaay more useful to the electorate than a debate.

4 Likes

Trump would not have mustered the adoring following that he has (literally adoring - he’s been deified by a substantial minority of USAians) if he were stupid. He’s a genius at manipulating the public.

Those who call him stupid are those who are too polite to call him wicked.

Maybe tell Trump he gets to keep the winnings instead of donating them to charity, and there’s a million dollar jackpot for third place.

(But don’t tell him it’s in Zimbabwean dollars.)

1 Like

Remember that part of Forrest Gump when he’s running across the country and attracts a following of devotees who consider him something of a wizened guru, if not an outright messiah?

It’s a little bit like that, except this Gump is a fascist.

10 Likes

Before Trump took over the franchise, the rock star of hate radio word salad was Sarah Palin

Is she a genius too?

4 Likes

I don’t recall her managing to convert over a third of her countrymen into accepting her word as infallible.

3 Likes

Well she does have two x-chromosomes, so it was always going to be a harder push for her than it would have been for an equally qualified male.

Even so, she did manage to convince over 45.6% of American voters that she should be a cancer-survivor’s heartbeat away from the presidency. Trump got 46.1%.

3 Likes

https://www.kdpproductfacts.com/en/product/CRUSH_ORANGE_20

Nyet. Perhaps you mean Sunkist?

4 Likes

thank you. yes, that’s the one!

4 Likes

Yeah, well, no, I never thought Biden was exactly smart.
However, Trump isn’t just dumb as a brick but pathological. The same way he’s the best opponent to himself, he makes Biden look far better than he is.

3 Likes