Trump will never, ever be impeached and removed from office

Oh? enlighten me, por favor.

To be fair, he didn’t say that only two had been assasinated, so he’s the best kind of correct: technically!

Two Presidents have been assassinated. Thirteen Presidents have lived in the White House. Four Presidents have ridden in cars.

4 Likes

James Garfield and William McKinley were also assassinated.

15 Likes

Or maybe, Rob knows more that we do.

All in all, this administration somehow reminds me of a pissing contest. So he’s not wrong either way.

5 Likes

Fuck; the War of the Five Kings turned out terribly for the common folk.

(And not so great for any of the aforementioned ‘kings’, either.)

8 Likes

Sorry. I know. Like in real life.

However, I’d rather reference another pop culture phenomenon, shall I? Bit, thingy, elitist. Still no common folk doing the revolutionary work, mostly. But less horrible, in a way.

3 Likes

Ya, it wouldn’t do anything. It’d be dismissed as a fake and he’d fire a cabinet member or just point at a squirrel or whatever and then it’d be media history.

14 Likes

The faked tapes being shopped around are more convincing than a real one would ever be.

2 Likes

No Republican in the House will ever vote for impeachment (It’s the House, not the Senate, which impeaches).
No Republican in the Senate will ever vote for conviction (The Senate tries officials who have been impeached).

That means the Democrats would have to have half-plus-one of the House and 68 votes in the Senate. I say 68 votes because if they had 67 Pence would undoubtedly cast the deciding vote to acquit.

Even when Obama had that kind of majority there would be at least one “moderate” Democrat in the Senate who would vote with the Republicans.

1 Like

well, here’s hoping he dies in his sleep, slips in the shower, or chokes on a mcdonalds burger.

8 Likes

He will almost certainly be elected for a second term. I am horrified at the prospect, but it’s very likely.

1 Like

Fuck your pessimistic defeatism.

20 Likes

So far it’s been more accurate than Nate Silver. He won’t lose any of his base, and the Democrats have a positive genius for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

2 Likes

I feel like you’re confusing the DNC for the Detroit Lions.

8 Likes

In ГУМ, 45 not go shopping. ГУМ shops you.

4 Likes

What has, your damn-near gleeful defeatism which is present in most of your comments that I’ve seen?

Sorry, I have no ‘faith’ in either one.

‘Giving up and giving in’ simply isn’t an option.

5 Likes

What no love for Garfield and McKinley? Remind me never to make Stalwart jokes around you.

3 Likes

:star:

Alas, this, in a nutshell.

2 Likes

I, too, am not going down without a fight. Seriously, fuck these ideas that TRUMP WILL DEFINITELY BE RE-ELECTED. Fuck that.

May every unseasoned 17-just-turned-18-year old register in time, correctly, have proper id and bring three liberal friends also with id and vengeance, and may they overrun every voting precinct in America. I am personally going to do shit for 2020’s campaign that I ain’t never done before.

I don’t care if THIS is who’s running for President to oppose Trump.

Not only will I vote for it, but I will campaign for it like there’s no tomorrow.

10 Likes

Hell, I’d vote for that! :grinning: (over cheeto) I mean, just look at it!

5 Likes