Trump won't stop tearing up official papers so the White House archives employ a staff to tape them back together for the National Archives

But - he needs the confetti for the parade he’s going to throw himself.

10 Likes

Hmmm…who would I bet on in an actual altercation?

The bloated corporal bone spurs or the fit ex marine who also went through Army Ranger School, Paratrooper School was awarded Bronze Star Medal with Combat “V”, Purple Heart Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals with Combat “V”, Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal with three service stars, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, and Parachutist Badge? And who isn’t a traitor & Russian stooge?

What are the Vegas odds?

10 Likes

And he throws the ripped up pieces in the garbage or on the floor.

On the floor. When a garbage can is likely present.

+1 compulsive litterbug, or +1 so hopelessly entitled that he craps in the most glided of nests, self-assured that the help will wipe up after him.

5 Likes

were taping them together. It’s not clear to me that anybody has replaced them.

12 Likes

Your tax dollars at work.

10 Likes

Of course, this is $70,000 in DC, so it’s not a ton of money.

And I know lots of historians and archivists looking for jobs who’d do this… we’re desperate out here! :wink:

13 Likes

Some friends who work out that way read somewhere that the average time it takes for a new car to get into an accident is under 3 years. High “transportation” costs are part of it, to say nothing of housing costs.

6 Likes

I can imagine. I’ve driven in DC and it seems pretty crazy. Although they do have a relatively robust public transit system, it seems to me (that’s compared to MARTA here in town).

And I hear food costs can be high as well.

2 Likes

It’s not like he’s smart or has any common sense. With any luck he’d burn the Whitehouse down with himself and Pence inside and we can start over clean and fresh and pretend they never even existed.

7 Likes

Who said anything about Federal Law? We can hang him with District of Columbia law § 22–303 Malicious burning, destruction, or injury of another’s property which specifically includes public property.

Edit to add: Him being told more than once not to rip up documents makes his actions malicious since he was made aware it was not legal to destroy public property and continues to do so.

11 Likes

So many great places to eat in DC proper. Most fairly pricey, but really diverse options like few places I’ve been.

3 Likes

Last time we were there, many places were pricey, but I was also talking about grocery stores, etc, being more expensive. I couldn’t say, personally, but that’s what I’ve heard.

4 Likes

I would hate to lose a structure as historically important as the White House.

On the other hand…

3 Likes

It’s just a building. No edifice of wood and stone is above sacrificing to save our country IMNSHO.

4 Likes

True.

DC Metro with parking is as expensive as driving. (Equal to gas expenditures)
Food costs are higher than average. Gas prices are higher than average. Construction costs are higher than average on top of outrageous property costs. Repair costs are high. (Plumbers, Carpenters, Roofers, etc. They know most people in NoVa make 6 figures plus and charge accordingly) As mentioned car repairs are higher and more often than average. (A teen rear-ended my 1yr old car on Sat) So, yeah 70k isn’t allot in the DC area however if married and both are making similar salaries it’s doable.

I can’t imagine taping trumps shreds just to deal with all that. Ugggh.

Note: If you ever wonder why the DC rush hour starts at three PM it’s because most Govies live way outside the beltway in places like Frederickburg, Manassas, Germantown, Annapolis, etc… where the cost of living is more reasonable. They get in at 4 or 5 AM and leave early. It’s a thing.

5 Likes

Saving our country at this point is going to take a lot more than a single building burning down with a few bozos in it.

Even with them gone we are still left with everyone that thought them being there was a god idea in the first place.

6 Likes

Surely there are readily-available software methods for automating at least part of this process now?

But that’s probably well beside the point.

Judging by this https://taxfoundation.org/real-value-100-metropolitan-areas-2016/ you should think of DC cost of living penalty as something like 14%. You can reach a DC metro median household income with a spouse earning a slightly lower amount. You can reach the District’s median with a spouse making DC minimum wage. https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/09/21/the-dc-area-has-the-highest-median-income-in-the-us-again/

2 Likes

whoa! Much better than the punishment under the D.C. criminal code.

Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.

8 Likes

Presidential records aren’t subject to FOIA until after the president leaves office.

1 Like