#TrumpRaids are coming: ICE raids and mass deportations as early as Sunday in these 10 cities

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/21/trumpraids-are-coming-ice-ra.html

4 Likes

How long till trump tries to round up the press, or his political opponents, or bloggers that criticize him.

29 Likes

Not so very long at all…

41 Likes

He and his henchmen are waiting for a win (and supposed “mandate”) in the 2020 election to start going after white people instead of just making threats. The performative cruelty of the raids and the camps, along with the endless campaign rallies, is intended to help him win the election by throwing red meat to the MAGgAts. If the polls don’t show that all that’s doing the job, there’s always Iran.

20 Likes

So Monday there sill be a bunch of people and businesses without employees, ICE should have a chat with them as they are the real issue.

8 Likes

This is a practice run.

Next is a small number of people getting on the lists “accidentally”.

Do the math.

This needs large numbers of people, widely televised, to show up and deny ICE the ability to do any of this.

23 Likes

and there should be a guest workers program, and asylum rights should be upheld, and daca should be honored, and people shouldn’t be held in concentration camps until their day in court, and the courts should be staffed with enough people to handle the backlog, and we should provide public defenders to anyone who can’t afford their own lawyers, and we should end private prison use, and we should stop letting ice pose as police, and we should stop police from supporting ice, heck: we should disband ice, and we should stop profiling undocumented immigrants based on their skin color.

agreed there are a few things to do.

the real issue, what’s driving it all, seems to be white supremacy. leveraged to create an exploitable labor force, and to reenforce the political power of an entrenched class.

24 Likes

Los Angeles? Give me a break. That’s literally a needle in a haystack. There’s millions of people in a large geographic area. And Angelenos are very practiced at thwarting la migra, whether we’re citizens or not.

5 Likes

This experiment has been done, and did not end well:

Of course, inconvenient facts are frequently ignored by this ignoramoose.

16 Likes

I wonder which ten cities that have no Trump infrastructure are going to be assaulted.

3 Likes

Well, I’ve done what I could here in Tijuana, warning friends (and even a few strangers) to warn their family and friends in the US about what’s in store for them.

Sadly, I also found a friend did not have as noble a heart as I’d thought, and blames immigrants for their own problems.

17 Likes

Why can’t we all just love one another?

Oh that’s right — that’s what this experiment is all about…

1 Like

Does it get more nazisesque than this? When do the de-generates start calling themselves the “master race”?

4 Likes

According to Washington Post, Houston, New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Baltimore, Denver, New Orleans, and San Francisco.

3 Likes
22 Likes

There are dozens of organizations that claim to be helping immigrants. I wonder if any of these have been vetted? I would hate to be conned or worse give money to the trumproids. Beyond sitting in back of a keyboard and stating the obvious what are people doing? Long range work includes the elections but scared, hungry little kids don’t give a shit about policy. Where are the good guys in this mess and what are they doing?

3 Likes

See this thread:

6 Likes

The cognitive dissonance will not make sense to those that it really needs to.

The summer prior to the election, I drove through the farmlands of central CA, and the number of “Farmers for tRump” signs posted was staggering. My thought process was “um, you do kinda know that he’s running on a platform of raiding your businesses, and getting rid of most of your workers right?”.

10 Likes

They have an alternate plan in mind.

19 Likes

OH FOR FUCK’S SAKE!!!

(I was having a relatively decent day until you informed me of this… Time to go watch some unicorn videos.)

15 Likes