Trump's anti-semitism on display

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/30/trumps-anti-semitism-on-display.html

12 Likes

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

But seriously… I like the second Gentleman. I think he’ll be a great first Gentleman! I’m interested in how he defines that role for future first Gentleman!

30 Likes

And of course the right wingers are trying their best to paint Harris as the real anti-semite because she is married to the “wrong” kind of Jewish person and has tacitly conceded that the untold thousands suffering in Gaza may actually be human beings of some kind.

27 Likes

This is an American extension of a specific kind of Jewish anti-Semitism, as I described here about Netanyahu and his coalition partners.

17 Likes

How is there anyone left in this country who doesn’t understand that this piece of shit should have never been allowed into the oval office?

21 Likes

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

He’s gonna be presidential any minute now… /s

16 Likes

merkin “i’ve got Jew friends, i’ve got Jew lawyers” von bankrupt anti-semitic? No way. /big fucking S

16 Likes

Stand back! There’s going to be a wave of Trumpsplainers diving into the media to make a human shield for him!

13 Likes

And the related dual loyalties trope which posits that even “good” Jewish people can never be truly loyal Americans (or loyal citizens of any other country) because they are fundamentally bound by allegiance to Israel.

13 Likes

The worst racists are the ones who separate people into “good ones” categories. Like JD Vance basically did “defending” his wife.

Any minority supporting people like that will be surprised when suddenly they don’t count YOU as one of the 'good ones". :confused:

12 Likes

I wouldn’t even say that Netanyahu is a bad Jew. Terrible human being and bad Israeli, yes, of course! That’s damning enough without bringing religion or historical baggage into it, isn’t it?

6 Likes

If you are not on Trump’s side, you will be insulted, made fun of and worse. That’s just how he is. No one should be surprised.

8 Likes

Yep. Anyone saying there are “good ones” is doing so to prop up a fiction in their head. Having “good ones” as a category means they get to exclude the “good ones” from the overall bunch, and judge the rest based on ideas about the worst.

10 Likes

Bully is as bully does…

8 Likes

Even if you are on his side, you’re not really safe. He’s just a vile human being all around.

7 Likes

Not exactly. By equating “criticism of Israel” with antisemitism, he harms both Israel and Jews. It’s a warped mirror of the USian, “if you ain’t Xtian, you ain’t a real American” bullshit nationalism.

It’s a terrible mistake to indelibly stain the people and the faith with the terrible sins of the Israeli government. But that’s what Likud and Netanyahu have chosen to do.

So yeah, I would say he’s harmed the cause and reputation of his faith.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.