Trump's Ashli Babbitt eulogy is a love letter to his rebels

“O impeccable Tisroc”, said the Vizier, “In comparison with you I love neither the prince nor my own life nor bread nor water nor the light of the sun.”

“Your sentiments are elevated and correct,” said the Tisroc, apparently appeased by the vizier’s flattery. “I also love none of these things in comparison with the glory and strength of my throne.”

C.S.Lewis “The Horse and his Boy”.

3 Likes

If these rioters had any sense left in their addled heads, they would notice that for all that Trump talks praise about them, he never lifts a finger to help anyone who gets screwed by doing what he wanted.

9 Likes

After a positive jobs report, and addressing George Floyd’s death he said “Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying, ‘this is a great thing that’s happening for our country.’ This is a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody. This is a great day for everybody. This is a great great day in terms of equality,” Trump said from the Rose Garden. “It’s really what our Constitution requires, and it’s what our country is all about.”
Which is nonsensical, but less pejorative than how he normally addressed people assaulted/killed by police. Don’t see what his followers see in him. It’s like an amateur “magician” who’s repertoire consisted of “got your nose” and pretending to pull a coin out of someone’s ear, and half the country swoons while declaring him the sorcerer king.

5 Likes

He had the opportunity to pardon them. He also claimed he was going to walk over to the capitol with them, but ducked out instead. Wondering what happened in the alternative universe where he went to the capitol.
ETA: Had she lived, and been prosecuted, Trump wouldn’t have lifted a finger to help her.

12 Likes

Exactly! And just one more reason the criminal prosecution(s) of him should be started sooner, rather than later.

4 Likes

goose-stepping-nazis

My mother, who came to the U.S. as an Austrian war bride (my birth father was a second Lieutenant with Gen. Mark Clark’s occupation force in Vienna ) used to say to us “Americans are so arrogant, they think it can’t happen here!”-

Well, it did.

Until you convict those responsible, it will happen again, and the body count
will be much higher next time around.
By endorsing the lie and the insurrection that followed, Republicans are now committed
ideologically to Trumpism.

Yes, the stupid it burns, and also, kills~

6 Likes

Shittiest. Cameo. Ever.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.