Trump's Ashli Babbitt eulogy is a love letter to his rebels

Originally published at: Trump's Ashli Babbitt eulogy is a love letter to his rebels | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Disgusting.

28 Likes

I could be wrong but I think this may be the first time Trump ever spoke out against an act of police violence.

39 Likes

Why, internet? Why?

19 Likes

I guess her family is as enthralled with Trump as she was. I can’t imagine the person who riled up my family member to attack the capital is acting like he had nothing to do with it.

18 Likes

If it were a sibling of mine, I would imagine I would feel a hopeless, muted rage. But mainly heartbreak.

A pointless loss of life, enabled by shitty people.

16 Likes

She was martyred for his benefit and this is cause for jubilation as far as he’s concerned.

28 Likes

Of course he isn’t remorseful, it is consistent with the prosperity gospel that she gave up her life to raise tRump’s fortunes.

15 Likes

yeah trump doesn’t do remose except for trump. Here’s another theory: that it’s yet another Bannon constant reading of hitler’s rise, which included shouted memorials to specific people who died in the 1923 coup. This connection is made in a tweet from DeanObeidallah. There is good reason to assume that the five shouting points written in phonetic red crayon in front of trump when he’s doing one of these hateful rallies are typically authored by Bannon.

16 Likes

face punch GIF

7 Likes

Trump just wishes he could.

5 Likes

Um, yeah… the most used word on this clip was “they.”

That, that’s not something that I can be entirely comfortable with.

Sure, shorthand, whatever.

I can’t walk on that road.

20 Likes

Christ wazroth, that’s as on-point as it can get. This isn’t Godwin’s Law, this is exactly lifted from the Nazi playbook.

12 Likes

I’m sure Trump’s aides had to beg him not to add “the first of many to die for my honor.”

7 Likes

I must admit that I can’t take credit for it – saw the allusion a number of times on the Twitters in analysis of the Babbit situation.

7 Likes

smh GIF

8 Likes

he regrets telling the rioters to stop rioting

8 Likes

Yup, she served her purpose, what does trump have to feel sorry for?

It’d be like me feeling sorry for a gastric cell going into Apoptosis when it detects a viral infection. It’s supposed to die on my behalf. Just like ashli did for trump.

11 Likes

Translated to 1930s German
Horst Wessel, sag seinen Namen!

5 Likes