Trump's big VA meeting at Mar-a-Lago weirdly canceled at last minute after this awkward moment

Oh, I thought you were going to mention the awkward part where Trump actually refused to shake her hand. So many awkward/outright insulting moments!

22 Likes

Too many awkward moments to mention. But I loved Merkels line: “It’s more important to talk to each other than about each other.”

18 Likes

Yeah, I prefer Winter Palace. It has a nice imperial ring to it, and the coda fills me with delicious schadenfreude.

pfft

You think he’s going to shake a woman’s hand? Like an equal? #snort No, this is about as good as it gets for the leaders of important foreign allies who made the silly mistake of being born a woman…

19 Likes

WhiteOuthouse?

15 Likes

Except that the Winter Palace(s) were the official royal residences, analogous to the real White House, albeit far less modest. M-A-L is more akin to the Alexander Palace ca. 1905, but hopefully it won’t take another twelve years to resolve the situation this time.

17 Likes

A fitting home for…

4 Likes

No, that’s a grievous insult to Bucky Barnes, who never would have taken a draft deferment for some bullshit “bone spurs” — of which no medical records now exist. Plus, Bucky was brainwashed into collusion with the Russians, not an eager running lapdog stooge.

18 Likes

Trumpy’s all about the veterans.

7 Likes

Pah, history teaches us nothing! :wink:

18 Likes

Well here’s to hoping that the meeting was cancelled because his VA secretary wasn’t going to be there, and that someone got an earfull of Donald Dick for putting Trump in that embarrassing position.

4 Likes

How about Whiter White House.

13 Likes

American democracy’s a trip: The most important jobs are the only ones I’ve ever heard of where you can’t fire someone for four years, no matter how bad they’re doing.

10 Likes

Hold on, I thought the second White House was in New York. Does that mean there are three now?

Two White Houses have fallen. The third stands. A fourth there will not be.

(With apologies to Philotheus of Pskov.)

10 Likes

27 Likes

She speaks better English than he does.

33 Likes

There’s also the fact that the White House is actually south of the Mason-Dixon line. Although I don’t think calling Mar-a-Lago the Southerner White House would be any better. I propose calling Mar-a-Lago the Cheeto House.

12 Likes

The Fortress of Intolerance.

18 Likes

Anyone speaks better English than he does.

12 Likes

Yes, that part of the sign is problematic, since the idea that trump’s support is predominantly working class is a myth.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-mythology-of-trumps-working-class-support/amp/

Still, it’s the Trumpster who’s putting the sign there, and he does present himself as a man of the people, the one leader who cares about “the forgotten [white] ones,” the lover of the “uneducated,” and so on. In that sense, the cartoon still makes sense to me.

10 Likes

Whitest House, bigly.

The Fortress of Solipsism?

15 Likes