Trump's big VA meeting at Mar-a-Lago weirdly canceled at last minute after this awkward moment

Famous Irish saying, “No man is an island; but this man is an arsehole.” :wink:

23 Likes

Shouldn’t that be in St. Petersburg?

13 Likes

what’s 200 miles between comrades?

12 Likes

It looks to me like he shakes his head no he’s not going, but he was invited. Which is even better.

2 Likes

How would meeting with veteran’s groups put more money in trump’s pocket?

7 Likes

No thank you.

1 Like

Apparently a very true statement. :cry:

12 Likes

but apparently he wasn’t invited which is even even better

6 Likes

I “love” how so many in the press are preemptively defend him by bringing up his supposed germaphobia.

7 Likes

Can we also acknowledge what a creepy racist dogwhistle ‘Southern White House’ is to the white supremacists in Trump’s administration, and to all of the racists who voted for him?

I’m not trying to be antagonistic by pointing this out but there is a bit of bias in that assertion when the dogwhistle was never heard before now. Would we also have to acknowledge that “Southern White House” was coined as a term for FDR’s vacation house in Warm Springs GA and that no one heard a dogwhistle for the past 85 years when it was used?

If your template is designed to find racism where you expect to find it you are usually not disappointed.

3 Likes

Sure… that’s a historians job! :wink:

10 Likes

Hey, anyone who watched season 2 of Daredevil knows he has a deep and nuanced understanding of the issues facing America’s veterans.

10 Likes

#but

(I am trying to be antagonistic, and pointing that out)

8 Likes

Might that be because FDR was not notably racist by the standards of his day (i.e. racist as all hell, but quiet about it), whereas Trump has spent the last two years shouting bigotry from the rooftops and cuddling with the Klan?

Context matters.

26 Likes

If your template is designed to find racism where you expect to find it you are usually not disappointed.

No. It’s more the case that if your template is designed to deny blatant racism whenever someone points it out, you are usually an asshole.

16 Likes

And he only held her hand because he was afraid of the stairs.

The problem for them is that Trump, in the identical situation with male leaders, was the one initiating uncomfortably long hand-holding. E.g. with PM Abe, that resulted in his exasperated expression. But that was part of a dominance display by Trump…

18 Likes

You mean, no one heard the dogwhistle 85 years ago, because it didn’t then exist, before the Civil Rights movement and the Republican “Southern Strategy.” It’s almost like the culture changes and words take on new meanings and connotations due to events…

18 Likes

From which we can only conclude that he actually thinks women have cooties.

9 Likes

The White House is for photo ops. Mar-a-Lago is where the real business of the oligarchy happens.

5 Likes

It does seem to be the place for leaks.

13 Likes