Trump's biz tweets video of pro golfer John Daly who suggests drinking 1 bottle of vodka daily will 'kill' coronavirus (IT WILL NOT)

I think he is serious (well, besides a serious alcoholic). Try a search with ‘drinking alcohol coronavirus’ and almost all of the top answers are either A. Drinking alcohol is a bad idea because it lowers your immune response or B. Stories trying to tell people you can’t kill the virus by drinking vodka or other hard liquors.

1 Like

my grandfather was chronic alcoholic and that’s how it went. meanwhile if he DID get a little sober the fear of that made him the meanest of people.

meanwhile my wife has severe chronic pain and since doctors around here where/are panicked about opiate addiction they refused to give her anything strong until she jumped through hoops of trying meditation and yoga and aaaaall sorts of crazy shit. so because of that she relies on alcohol instead, which at steady mild doses has no problem EXCEPT muscle relaxing to the point of having a chronic cough when the throat permanently doesnt work so good. I dread the day she gets Covid19 because although the damage it causes is deep in the lungs and not the bronchial tubes I still expect the loose throat to be a detriment.

3 Likes

Yep. Just aim for the pin in the middle, at the head of the pyramid.

Same goes for darts of you’re drunk enough.

I’m sorry to hear you went through that, you have my empathy on it. Learning that a loved one is 2 different people unaccountable to one another depending on their sobriety status is a rough lesson.

If your wife’s chronic pain issues are mobility related, there’s some very rough evidence (mostly anecdotal) that high doses of liquid vitamin D or normal doses of berberine can help a bit. Both are safe enough to try.

1 Like