Trump's biz tweets video of pro golfer John Daly who suggests drinking 1 bottle of vodka daily will 'kill' coronavirus (IT WILL NOT)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/20/trumps-biz-tweets-video-of-p.html

3 Likes

Well technically, once the host is dead long enough…

43 Likes
  1. Drink one bottle of vodka a day.
  2. Sippy-sip a little McDonalds Diet Coke
  3. Never have a hangover.

It’s that third part that I always have trouble with.

8 Likes
27 Likes

Are we sure about this? It sounds to me like more research is needed. If the researchers would like to send me a case of liquor, I’d be happy to try it out and send them my results.

7 Likes

Trump supporters are most likely to fall for this…

18 Likes

Come on, he’s not serious. He is just explaining his own method of getting through this, self-administered sedation drip.

7 Likes

Well, if a pro golfer said it, then it must be true. He’s certainly going to be the one to watch when they open the links back up. I wonder if he’s a mean or a happy drunk?

Fingers crossed Trump tries it too. “I have a big liver, the yugest!”

8 Likes

4x divorced. Twice suspended from PGA tour. History of drug and alcohol abuse, gambling problems and a professed Republican…I’m going with ‘mean’

December 1992, Daly was charged with third-degree assault for throwing his second wife Bettye into a wall at their home near Denver.

36 Likes

It’s called alcoholism. They don’t get a hangover because drinking is so constant that there isn’t time or space for a hangover to develop. The fix to every headache or mild stressor becomes “just a lil nip”, so if they wake up at 0700 feeling like ass, it’s an easily rationalization to pour a bit in with their caffeine to get their head on straight. It isn’t pretty up close.

21 Likes

Wow. Daly, Trump, and Giuliani have nine divorces between them.

5 Likes

Of course. I should have realized it when Trump thanked him for his friendship.

4 Likes

It’s debatable whether viruses are alive to start with. * Though I guess that is also true of the mindless slime molds that surround Turmp.

* People use different sets of criteria to define “life”, but most include growth, reproduction and/or eating, and viruses, in themselves, don’t do any of those things

6 Likes

Sir, this is a McDonalds…

4 Likes

I wise man once said: “Try it. What do you have to lose?”

I did try the “bottle of wine a night” method of pain management. It was not sustainable.

12 Likes

Just a reminder Trump is trying to fake-end the pandemic so he can go play golf again, it’s been like six weeks, he must be freaking out, imagine another six

and any state that “opens” - all their senators and congresspeople need to go sit in session in washington and breathe on each other like everyone else they are trying to shove back to work for the 1%

5 Likes

Finally, some advice I’m willing to take if it’s true or not!

/downs 1.75-liter bottle of Costco vodka

https://www.oglaf.com/quacksalver/

7 Likes

I’m ok with it too.

Is it against community guidelines to note that it must finally be the right time to openly admit that it really is time for a cull, America? Even a self-administered one.

Asking for a friend.

1 Like

Please Donnie, take this advice!

I would love to see him do a press conference blitzed out of his gourd and throwing up on Mike Pence.

5 Likes

Golf is the only sport where you can drink a bottle of vodka a day and still be good at it.

3 Likes