Trump's campaign appearance is a meandering stream of incoherence; the crowd cheers

Originally published at: Trump speech a meandering stream of incoherence - Boing Boing

4 Likes

Montreal Cognitive Assessment as administered by Dr Feelgood aka Ronny Jackson.

26-30 is normal, and he said the last five questions were really hard. I trust it like his golf scores, and I wonder how many Mulligans he was given?

16 Likes

Feature not a bug. Lets people assign whatever they want as the true meaning.

10 Likes

Trump’s appearance is a meandering stream of incoherence; the crowd cheers

Trump is a meandering stream of incoherence; the crowd, convinced that the Leopard won’t eat THEIR face, cheers

14 Likes

Trump may be suffering “cognitive decline”, but he has enablers with plans to build a dictatorship for him. If he can’t give orders, somebody else will in his name.

13 Likes

Why do we even use the word ally? He’s a shambolic husk of blather who’s useful to a bunch of people who would rather avoid the attention.

7 Likes

Apologies, I misread that as ‘meandering stream of incontinence’ - can’t think why.

6 Likes

Verbal diarrhoea?

4 Likes

This was yesterday? Wasn’t he supposed to attend a funeral?

/s

10 Likes

3 Likes
4 Likes

De-banking is a real thing. Now, I haven’t heard about conservatives or QAnon folks getting de-banked, but I would bet if you read their conspiracies, they’ve probably claimed they’re being de-banked, and Trump picked up on that somewhere, and now he’s trying to make it a thing, or at least it’s a dog whistle to that group.

15 Likes

No wonder ChatGPT and its ilk seem so familiar. We’ve been listening to Donald Trump for almost a decade.

3 Likes

Honestly he probably heard about it due to his own legal problems and fraud cases! If it is on his mind I find that hopeful…

Of course projecting to his acolytes that if he is held accountable for his crimes then it is actually them who pay for it is part of his cult-leader/dictator gambit.

12 Likes

If you listen to religious radio, which I do from time to time to try and make sense of it all (never works), there is a pattern here.

It’s not a logical patter that one can define, diagram or follow. It’s a persistent recitation of (if you listen / think) pure rubbish. Driving the unthinking to give up their brains.

The desperately sad thing is that, in a debate setting, our guy will not wipe the floor with this foolishness.

3 Likes

Actually, pretty sure that 30/30 is normal on the MOCA. And there are no questions…no doubt they were afraid to administer it to him and he has never seen one.

“If a rich and powerful person like me is held responsible for criming, imagine how vulnerable all you little people are! When you rally around my right to be unaccountable, you’re really defending your own right to crime!”

10 Likes

Nigel Farage was debanked in the UK, partly for being a noxious little oik who didn’t fit the discreet very-U Old Money brand that the private bank wants to present and partly for, well, not having all the money that the private bank wants to work with either. Of course he called for the WAAAHmbulance, claiming that he had been VICTIMISED for his far-right politics (i.e. being a total arse). Therefore the business decisions of the bank he wanted to use were irrelevant.
So i can imagine the term trending in the far-right fever swamp.

8 Likes

Coutts executives expressed concern about reputational damage arising from Farage’s political views. Coutts has clients who are non-white, Muslim or otherwise fitting demographics hated by the far right, and these clients are, of course, far wealthier than Nigel Farage.

4 Likes

I wonder how low the bar is for applause from his dupes is at this point? What if he just wanders out and drools on the podium and says nothing? Applause? Pukes on stage and then starts talking about how white people are the inferior race? Applause?

2 Likes