Trump's chances of winning sink to 8% amid Republican fears Clinton may take Texas

Shy Trump Voters

They’ve been beating that particular dead horse since the primaries. Long before “the election is rigged”. To explain the Trump campaign’s constant claims of being ahead in all the polls even as they are massively behind in all the polls.

See also unskewing

Denial is a hell of a thing.

If old people vote GOP. And dead people are disproportionately old. Then why would dead people vote democrat!

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

And the Planned Parenthood videos. Noone should be willing to trust these sorts of “sting” operations by this point. When I first saw the new one reported on; none of the news orgs I saw run with it even mentioned O’Keefe’s involvement. I only recognized it as his work because I recognized his group’s name.

12 Likes

One of them is going to win, though, so you might want to put some thought into whether their awfulness is in the same order of magnitude, and make a choice based on who you think will do a better job, from the actual options at hand. Then you can worry about how to make sure there are better options for next time.

Just a friendly suggestion from a Canadian interested in our neighbors’ well being.

16 Likes

Of course, I figured anybody on here would know that. I was answering the presumption of guilt due to the firings. Smart phone and crying children tend towards terse replies I’m afraid. Thank you for clarifying it.

4 Likes

I don’t think she will, but it shouldn’t even be this close. She is within striking distance there, but even moreso in Georgia and esp. Arizona, Utah looks to be a three-way race, I think it will be a pretty fun map.

1 Like
7 Likes

He was a bit better during the primary. Bombed completely on the big stage. Performance anxiety?

Wasn’t correcting or clarifying. Just agreeing. But I am legitimately pissed that the media is treating any new videos out of these Jackasses as potentially valid. When every instance of this stuff washes out to “the videos are fake and those guys committed crimes to make them” then “shocking new video revelations!” isn’t the story or pertinent info.

4 Likes

It was a sincere thank you, I wish I had been more thorough the first time; I was swyping with one hand when I wrote that. Of course the crap I’m catching from friends on the other side is how silent the mainstream media is on this. Ugh.

4 Likes

Hillary, if you win this,
Don’t. Screw. It. Up!

6 Likes

Here’s the whole country by county in 2012, it’s fascinating, blue is mostly cities and college towns. Even more interesting is comparing it to the % of bachelors degrees map.

The anomalies that jumps out at me is the lower Mississippi valley and that band across Alabama, are they high African-American densities?

14 Likes

Is it tacky if I actually laugh out loud at this?

7 Likes

If it’s tacky, then I was tacky with you.

7 Likes

By “hissyfit” do you mean lawsuit? I would not at all be surprised if he finds something that in his mind constitutes some sort of funny business and he tries to sue to have a recount in at least a couple states. [Hi Florida! Remember 2000? You might be in for the sequel.]

8 Likes

And now my family is going on at how unelectable and poor a leader he’d make.

I’m sitting there screaming WHERE WAS THIS SHIT A YEAR AGO WHEN YOU WERE ALL LINED UP TO SUCK HIS DICK AND TELL ME HOW MUCH OF A ‘LIBERAL’ (said as if using a swear word by them) I AM FOR DISAGREEING!? WHERE WAS THIS SETNTIMENT YOU FUCKS!

23 Likes

That’s the Cretaceous coastline, which is indeed reflected in higher African-American populations today.

14 Likes

I AM PUMPED ABOUT THIS!!!

And this is also the reason that it is still very important to go out and vote. Even if not for HRC, then for the down-ticket Dems that will actually do good work in the coming years.

Birthplace is WI, and Fiengold is one of my favorite politicians, so I am really, really excited to see this happen.

On the presidential side, there’d be no more poetic achievement than for the first woman president to win against a candidate so utterly vile toward women.

If Obama was the start of getting our nation on the right track by stopping the backsliding, HRC should be an affirmation of that.

6 Likes

Too bad the house is too entrenched with gerrymandering though the recent high court rulings give me hope longer term.

4 Likes

Yes, it is necessary to take a long look at any such releases, and make sure that we are not being scammed. I think it takes extra scrutiny when the findings agree with our current beliefs.
I hope that someday we will return to a time when journalism was a serious profession, with strong beliefs that neutrality, objectivity, and accuracy were the things that mattered.

You know, even there, there might be a few gains. Those are harder to predict - smaller, swingier populations. It’ll be more important in 2018, though, because you can fekkin’ guarantee that the Reps are going to try a repeat of 2010 and ride the backlash against a one-party government all the way to the bank.

2 Likes

That was really interesting…thanks!

2 Likes