Trump's EPA chief Andrew Wheeler caught 'liking' racist & conspiracy memes, yet again

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/09/trumps-epa-chief-andrew-whee.html

2 Likes

I might be missing something, but I’m trying to understand how the bottom post from Atheist Republic about Hillary Clinton enters into this. Like, regardless of how you might feel about that article, it doesn’t seem particularly disgusting to me that someone might “like” it.

14 Likes

tumblr_pftr7h2x321vfmb0jo1_540

18 Likes

@reactionabe

In the USA we don’t do things like that [ like racists / bigot /nazi / etc. posts], but in Trumpastan it’s just another day one would gather…

5 Likes

liked and inadvertently liked countless social media posts

It’s incredibly easy to undo inadvertent likes. Geez.

19 Likes

The linked article on HuffPo includes his comment on that post which clarifies it; it does seem a bit out of place to include the screenshot here without any of the other info.

5 Likes

But Atheist Republic (at first glance) just looks like a kind of generic pro-Atheism portal… that’s what I don’t understand. Is there another image I’m just not loading?

Edit:

Gotcha! Thanks!

4 Likes

Trump is living proof that there is no god.

19 Likes

To save others the trouble:

In a comment under a post from the page Atheist Republic bemoaning Clinton’s reverence for the Christian holy book, he wrote, “I think she’s mentioned in the Book of Revelations….right after the Four Horsemen.”

15 Likes

I hope his driving ability is better than that.

6 Likes

The best people.

(I can’t imagine all the worst people they turn away at the revolving door).

5 Likes

That would be a reference to the Whore of Babylon. Classy.

12 Likes

It’s weird that it only ever seems to be conservative politicians who ‘inadvertently’ like or retweet fascist content.

They must be using a buggy Twitter client or something. Can’t think what else could explain that.

10 Likes

former coal lobbyist

This can’t be emphasized enough… This guy is the acting head of the EPA.

I have no words.

14 Likes

Obama did it? Clinton did t? Got it!

Roger That!

1 Like

How does one lobby for coal? :thinking:

Coal. The rock that burns!
It’s coal-tacular!

5 Likes

Maybe Trump is proof that there is a god, after all?

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn 2020”

13 Likes

I’m sure it was but what version of the Bible is he using where the Whore of Babylon is mentioned “right after the Four Horsemen”?

King James, Revelation 6, aka the bit with the Four Horsemen

Rev.6

[ 1 ] And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
[ 2 ] And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
[ 3 ] And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
[ 4 ] And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
[ 5 ] And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
[ 6 ] And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
[ 7 ] And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
[ 8 ] And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
[ 9 ] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
[ 10 ] And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
[ 11 ] And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

So, that’s four Horsemen, check.

Followed by “the souls of them that were slain for the word of God”, i.e. martyrs.

The Whore of Babylon doesn’t pop up until Revelation 17.

There’s a whole bunch of tribes getting sealed and locusts shaped like horses and angels pouring out vials and women clothed with the sun giving birth and so on first.

I mean if you’re going to garland yourself with your religious fundamentalism, at least know your Bible!

7 Likes

I’m sorry, have you met these people? They only know the cherry-picked bits their preachers cast in their direction.

6 Likes

When the headline on the post reaffirms that Hillary is not an atheist, I must wonder if this shows a lack of reading comprehension or another case of ideology coloring perception.