Trump's five most "anti-science" moves

Yeah, but when Mr T realizes that DOE actually owns the nukes (the DOD just borrows them) he wants to rain down on everyone but Putin I expect some changes of view…

1 Like

I’m still in denial that this is really happening.

4 Likes

We have two days to collectively force a Berenatain/Berenstein universe slippage. Let’s get on it people!

1 Like

You joke. But that is ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY TRUE!!

Just when you think this shitshow can’t possibly get any more surreal, something like this comes out:

7 Likes

Dear lord no…

I’ve already been traumatised by those enough already, thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

I always thought this was the best response to that line:

7 Likes

In another administration that might have been a joke, but in this one, the ridiculousness of jokes is plainly superseded by reality. I was actually assuming that was true. And of course it is. I’m sure tRump nominated him without himself knowing what they did (assuming it was about energy and Perry having oil ties…).
Gods, that headline, “‘Learning Curve’ as X Pursues a Job He Initially Misunderstood” applies to almost everyone in the administration, it seems. That Perry, one of the more “serious” candidates (unlike Trump or Carson, etc.) actually had political office experience, was both so clueless as to not know what the DoE did, didn’t educate himself, and had definite opinions about how it should be eliminated, indicates what a total shitshow the Republican party is now. A combination of proud ignorance and the Dunning-Kruger effect writ large. We also had Trump go from not knowing what the nuclear triad was (again, probably still doesn’t) to having definite ideas about what’s wrong with the country’s nuclear program. But his opinion is based on what, exactly? It’s scary because one doesn’t know where they’re getting these ideas.
Two things struck me in that article. The quote about how Perry “really understands this stuff.” It’s clearly not true - how much understanding could he have in the subject if he still didn’t even know it was related to the DoE? The other was, “I have no doubt he will be able to attract the best and the brightest.” That’s often said about idiots in high positions. Except in this administration, it’s idiots hiring idiots (hiring idiots); there’s this hope that somewhere along the line, someone competent will come on board.

2 Likes

Change of all grant applications to hunger games style reality tv?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.