Trump's military parade planned for Veterans' Day. No tanks. And, no thanks

I wonder what horrible action Trump is going to hide behind his military parade.

3 Likes
3 Likes

And always Tanz Mit Laibach!

2 Likes

His erection?

Did you mean to reply to this?

uh… yup.

Someone should tell him that it’s only real if he’s wearing a flamboyant uniform with lots of applications and shiny decoration.
DVb1vROU8AU94hi

Oh… and to tune in with all the LAIBACH fans in these comments: my favorite version of The Whistleblowers:

3 Likes

(& @GagHalfrunt)

So many great choices. It’s hard to pick one.

But for now I’m just hoping for it being this on his presidency:

1 Like

Make it so!

If this is allowed to become normalized then expect any future President who doesn’t order a big parade for Veterans’ Day to be attacked as “anti-military.”

6 Likes

you say that like it’s a negative. me, i’m lining up to vote for the person who’s finally willing to give our military the big chop chop.

let them attack that person all they want. it’s become exceedingly clear there are no conservative politicians in this country any more. only people who want to line their own pockets, facts of the world be damned.

2 Likes

I don’t think our country or our world is best served by continuing to promote the narrative that “progressive values” and “military service” are mutually exclusive concepts.

As long as it is necessary for our country to have some kind of military force (and I see no realistic alternative) then we are better off by ensuring that progressives and moderates are among the ranks. I don’t want all the weapons to be in the hands of ultranationalist neoconservatives.

So while I’m all for reigning in all our wars, out-of-control military spending and ridiculous dick-waving displays of militarism like Trump’s parade, I still don’t think “anti-military” is quite the stance I’m looking for. I don’t want someone who hates soldiers, I want someone who doesn’t go around looking for excuses to use them.

8 Likes

im anti-military and i don’t hate soldiers. heck most of the men in my family are soldiers.

from a different thread, but this is also a jobs thing. the military is our blue collar jobs program. we just need to be honest about it, “fire” most of them, and create an alternative structure which is actually beneficial to the country.

not no military of course, and not exactly the department of peace, but people have to be brave enough to stand up and say enough is enough already. the arguments of right wing nutters be damned.

that’s what im looking for anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I watched a documentary about Laibach’s visit to Pyongyang. As your probably know, their interpretation of this North Korean song was vetoed by the censors for being too disrespectful or just too weird.

1 Like

I agree with that, I just think “anti-military” probably isn’t the best label to describe someone who supports an appropriately-sized military that provides adequate funding, training, equipment, care and respect for all the men and women who serve in it.

Similarly I abhor the racism, corruption and violence that is endemic in our nation’s police forces but I wouldn’t describe myself as “anti-cop.”

4 Likes

Is it out now? How was it?

BBC Four in the UK showed a shortened version in December, and it definitely felt incomplete. Mostly it was a video diary of Laibach negotiating with North Korean officials and trying to get everything ready for the concert. I imagine that the full version would have more background on both North Korea and Laibach.

That was a weird video. First, what is the deal with this couple? They have a pretty forced hand posture. What the hell were they packing?

Second, did you all notice the Russian flag towards the end of the video? Nice!
Viva_Rusia

Can you imagine being the one to baby talk him down from wanting tracked vehicles and using the infrastructure point to sway him and knowing he is infamous for his tantrums, one of which saw him tearing out the pump of a fountain at one of his clubs and flooding the tennis court? Dear lord, I hope Tomo News does something with this!

1 Like

Ya know, November 11 originally was Armistice Day.

3 Likes