Trump's 'miracles coming down from God' rely on fetal tissue from abortions

The Lincoln Project and other never Trump conservative groups needs to remind pro-lifers that Donnie touted those pills as miracles every single day right through election day. I know there are plenty of people who made anti-abortion stances their only political priorities but maybe they can be swung to support an arguably much more pro-life candidate like Kanye instead.

4 Likes

The Cult will justify this by claiming the fetuses willingly sacrificed themselves in order to heal Dear Leader.

4 Likes

I’ve taken to fact-checking everything these days. Confirmation bias is as much a trouble for the left as it is for the right, and shared posts about the other side’s outrageous behavior often overlook important nuances and thereby misinform, or are actually disinformation spread intentionally by trolls and such.

Fact checking sites like Snopes, PolitiFact, FactCheck, etc; checking cited articles (or searching for them if there is no citation), checking citations in those articles - all this should be de rigueur these days for every new bit of news like that.

That being said, the character of this (mis-)administration is so unethical that such posts about them generally sound quite plausible and often turn out to be true. But instantly assuming they are, or that they tell the whole story, is a bias trap that we can fight against.

6 Likes

Spending his charity money?

2 Likes

Rudy doesn’t have a good enough memory to organize his fees.

2 Likes

He doesn’t have to. He just multiplies everything by the only number he comprehends; 911.

8 Likes

That was a good rule of thumb even before all this fuckery, let alone now in era where evil opportunists have tried to assert that facts and actual reality don’t matter…

11 Likes

Naah. That sort of thing is what his charity was for.

5 Likes

I’m sure that Regeneron’s 8,100 employees are delighted to learn who is really doing their work.

It seems to be treated as a relatively harmless piety even by some people who generally know better; but there are a great many things where the term ‘miracle’ is a bit of a ‘fuck you’ to the person or people who actually made it happen.

3 Likes

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me.

I hope the Democrats are smart enough to make this an election issue.

2 Likes

OMG the abortion is inside of Trump!!!

9 Likes

That is only if you take their rhetoric at face value. But in reality it all works together when you realize it’s just a pro asshole position.

It’s about treating women as chattel property whose bodies are yours to control. Which fits in with locking children in cages. Again that controlling element. Indifference to death from plague, poor healthcare and war works with the casual lack of regard for people.

It’s not hypocritical, it’s consistent. It’s just at odds with the bullshit they give about their position.

6 Likes

It’s also a problem for the centre and moderates, who have a blind spot with argumentum ad temperantiam which can lead to syncretic wrongness.

11 Likes

I never said nor even implied it was “fun,” bro.

Your chosen phrasing is bordering on offensive, regardless to your intent.

Fuckin’ A.

15 Likes

“ There are the obvi­ous tru­isms about abor­tion ide­al­ly being ​“safe, legal, and rare,” sure. Pol­litt also cites Roger Rosen­blat­t’s for­mu­la­tion of ​“per­mit but dis­cour­age,” which makes it sound like repro­duc­tive auton­o­my is a form of social faux pas, like tak­ing the last slice of piz­za at the piz­za par­ty. Not crim­i­nal, sure, but are you sure you need it?

But the lan­guage of apol­o­gy for abor­tion has seeped ever deep­er into our language:

Any­where you look or lis­ten, you find pro-choicers falling over them­selves to use words like ​“thorny,” ​“vexed,” ​“com­plex” and ​“dif­fi­cult.” How often have you heard abor­tion described as ‘”he hard­est deci­sion,” or ​“the most painful choice” a woman ever makes, as if every sin­gle woman who gets preg­nant by acci­dent seri­ous­ly con­sid­ers hav­ing a baby, only a few weeks ear­li­er the fur­thest thing from her mind, and for very good reason?”

14 Likes

I remember being blown away with how refreshingly non-patronizing and darkly funny Bojack Horseman’s take on abortion was.

10 Likes

You just gave me some real incentive to finally watch that show now.

10 Likes

It’s really smart and dark - with some brilliant portrayals of struggles with addiction and mental illness. It also rewards rewatching because it’s so densely packed with hidden and subtle gags. I find it to be a wonderful show.

Not a lot of shows really stick with me after watching them, but some of the BH episodes - oof - they are seared into my memory long after watching them because I found them to be so damn powerful. For a wildly bizarre show about anthropomorphized talking animals living side by side with humans, I consider that pretty high praise.

8 Likes

Which I said.

9 Likes