Trump's #MuslimBan temporarily blocked nationwide by U.S. judge in Washington state

Sooner or later, the thin-skinned orange is going to forget and start tweeting about 9/11 truther coverups, UFO coverups, etc, suppressed by the elites in power.

“Hey Don, you’re the President in power, you tell us!”

• Then he has to admit that there are things that even he can’t find out.
  • Or he has bigly files but can’t release them … because … because … because … because of the wonderful things he does!
  • Or suddenly develop Selective Reagan Deafness Syndrome (SRDS). Cup ear with one tiny hand, point to the loudest noise with the other, pretend to not hear the question. Reagan usually pointed at helicopter Marine One. Trump can point to Stephen Bannon having his taint tongue-tickled.
5 Likes

A pox upon your house for that despicable visual imagery.

18 Likes

It’s kinda temporarily blocked, and kinda not. :thinking:

2 Likes

Is that from Press Fecestary Seen Sphincter?

I 100% believe that Gorsuch needs to be fought tooth and nail, but purely on procedural grounds. McConnell just fucking made up that rationalization about not selecting a justice in the last year of a presidency. We can do that too - “For 125 years congress has not accepted a nomination for scotus justice from a president who did not win the popular vote.” McConnell can not be rewarded for putting party over country. No other argument against Gorsuch is needed or should be made.

But…

Gorsuch’s record indicates he would do a lot to reign in the minority president.

Maybe the way forward is horse-trading. They want Gorsuch, well they need to give up something in return and give it up first. DeVos, Mnuchin and Pruitt (EPA) for starters.

10 Likes

And so it begins…

I think we need to show the Trumpocrats what freedom of expression means. What the right to assemble means. What it means to call your congressperson to exercise your right to fee speech, to free movement, to freedom, period.

What America means. It’s time to show the T’s what America means to ALL Americans, not just SOME Americans.

stands up

Yeah, go The Law!

2 Likes

Honestly, if tRump is busy doing that, then I can imagine that it’ll be pretty believable that he didn’t hear whatever question is being asked. Pointing probably won’t be necessary.

3 Likes

If a President can abruptly restrict the rights of US residents without bothering with lawmakers or even government departments, he is in effect an autocrat. That is exactly what Trump did and will continue to do so.

This points to a flaw in how the checks & balances in the US work regarding the executive powers of the president. Why no-one bothered to plug this gap is beyond me. Can’t be the first time a president oversteps his bounds.

4 Likes

So I read the bloviator-in-chief has taken to Twitter to denounce the ruling by this “so-called judge”.

Contempt of court?

I mean, clearly contempt of the court, but as a party (the executive branch) isn’t this actual, legal Contempt of Court.

Please?

8 Likes

I’m waiting for how long the DoJ drags that request out.

1 Like

I love the smell of a constitutional crisis in the morning!

When does “so-called Senator” or “so-called Congress” come?

25th Amendment this lunatic now.

20 Likes

I didn’t mean that Trump would be doing it. He’s above Bannon in that pecking order after all. (Probably.)

Plus we have Rudy Giuliani on record as saying, flat-out, that Trump asked him to figure out a legal way to craft a “Muslim ban”.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316726-giuliani-trump-asked-me-how-to-do-a-muslim-ban-legally

12 Likes

On camera.

This is why I think we’re dealing with gross incompetence rather than the machinations of an “evil mastermind.”

Not that 45 & Co. aren’t evil; in my opinion, they totally are.

They’re just really inept at it.

18 Likes

Not to mention the awkward issue of Trump’s insistence on referring to this as a “ban” in his tweets while Sean Spicer chides reporters for calling it a ban.

12 Likes

I just read that Pelosi is calling for 45 to have his mental health evaluated after some Rep from Utah suggested it.

One way or another, dude has got to go.

11 Likes

It’s not quite incompetence to me, they’re just hoping to exhaust resources to fight every one of their malicious actions.

4 Likes

Bannon is his most trusted advisor, he’s the Cheney in this duo

3 Likes

Considering the exponential donations that have come pouring in to the ACLU and other organizations dedicated to fighting the administration’s bad policy and power grabs, I’d say they greatly miscalculated the effectiveness of that ploy.

I’m all for remaining realistic in these dire times, but I don’t entertain defeatism.

10 Likes